Baaaaan Iiiiiitttttt!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baaaaan Iiiiiitttttt!!!!!!

Next on the list could be power showers?

Just been listening to that supercilous tw@t Jeremy Vine, and some ecomentalists banging on about showers and how the price of water should be raised to prevent water shortages etc.

Errrr, come again?

If the water companies actually used the money we pay to fix leaks (I heard something about 25% losses a bit back) rather than pay themselves and their shareholders fat dividends, there would BE no water shortages.

Then he went on about how little water the average African has compared to us.

OK, now let me put this simply. it doesn't rain that much in Africa. Thats why Mr & Mrs African dont use too much water. In the UK, it p1sses down for a good portion of the time, therefore, water company ineptitude aside, we've got loads of water! Do they think if we use less water, it will rain more in Africa?

Why do these loonies get media time???

I pay for my water, therefore I will use it!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

this country is going mad.......
    it gets worse by the day..

that is just ridiculous....
    I am going for a 40 minute shower now I think and I might have another one tonight.....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Every day viney has someone on wanting something banned.The bottom line is he is running out of shoite to spout about,so gets on the local millie tant or whoever to spout about banning dgs with 6 legs or whatever....its just more b0ll0x designed to infuriate those amongst us with manflu...
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm gonna have TWO baths tonight! One for each side

(And those of you who've seen our bath know thats a teensy bit more than a power shower )

Comment

One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            (And those of you who've seen our bath know thats a teensy bit more than a power shower )
            Have many forum members sampled your bath?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Have many forum members sampled your bath?
              well i have seen it (the shower that is)..............and its definitely a bit more than a mere power shower
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I hate to tell you this, but it's already (pretty much) policy. There is a wonderful thing called the Code for Sustainable Homes, which was dreamt up by someone with no grip on reality. Already, all new social housing has to meet level 3 of this, and will be required to move up to level 6 within the next few years. The private sector will be required to comply with level 3 from next year, and eventually move up to level 6.

To achieve level 3 you need a maximum water usage per person of 105 litres per person per day. To achieve level 6, it's 80 litres.

A bath is just short of 200 litres, so expect baths in new builds to be illegal within five years time.

Comment

Well its a good job the whole country will be in tents by the end of the year then
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Well its a good job the whole country will be in tents by the end of the year then
                    They don't meet the air tightness regulations.

Seriously, every flat we finish now we have to hook up a kind of reverse hoover thing to the letter box and pressurise it to make sure that it will be the clammiest, most condensation riddled hell hole ever made.

Comment

Well there goes my current shower, let alone the multijet version I've been dreaming of fitting downstairs.

Forget that we're not on a meter.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                        I hate to tell you this, but it's already (pretty much) policy. There is a wonderful thing called the Code for Sustainable Homes, which was dreamt up by someone with no grip on reality. Already, all new social housing has to meet level 3 of this, and will be required to move up to level 6 within the next few years. The private sector will be required to comply with level 3 from next year, and eventually move up to level 6.

To achieve level 3 you need a maximum water usage per person of 105 litres per person per day. To achieve level 6, it's 80 litres.

A bath is just short of 200 litres, so expect baths in new builds to be illegal within five years time.
                        Another reason not to buy a new house? Build your own or buy an old one, problem solved!
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

They don't meet the air tightness regulations.

Seriously, every flat we finish now we have to hook up a kind of reverse hoover thing to the letter box and pressurise it to make sure that it will be the clammiest, most condensation riddled hell hole ever made.
                          Or Hull as we like to call it
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thats OK. To the people moving into the new builds round here, baths and showers seem to be an alien concept.

Some years back, we were 'offerered' the fitting of a water meter (for free, no less!) which they told me would probably give me cheaper bills. Luckily I had the foresight to laugh and tell them to take a hike.

I was running some rather large fishtanks at the time, and have a monster two / fat person bath.
                            Last edited by Apache; 30 March 2009, 15:23.

Comment

They want to make Water meters compulsory now !

and that will make us more carefull and not waste any of that precious commodity that floods us every once in a while ...Where's my hosepipe
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X