Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wahoooo....

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

There is a very real chance i have a well paid job. I am having a telephone interview this afternoon,with regards to a job on an aeration plant......................... .....in oban !!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Good luck mate, i'll keep all appendiges crossed for ya! might be a bit difficult driveing tho
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

ooohhhh im all excited ian. And im driving a hummer tonight !!

The problem with having lean times is that when work does pick up i hate to turn any down ....ah well who needs sleep anyway
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Good luck Gra

ps

<-------- my avatar
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Great news Gra - good luck !

PS
          I hope you like horizontal rain ......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Congratulations that man! Hope it all goes well Gra.

Not trying to teach grandmothers to suck eggs or anything but as it's easy to forget some of the basics:

Have a notebook and pen with you, both to take notes during the interview and to have your questions etc. for them prepared. Also have a copy of your CV with you (as well as notes of any pertinent figures pertaining to each role i.e. amount achieved against target or whatever is relevant to the particular role.

Do your research on:
            -the company especially any very recent news so you can drop this topical knowledge into conversation. Also enough so you can confidently answer the question ‘what do you know about the company’
            - the industry sector to give you knowledge of current trends, opportunities and problems

If you know the name of the interviewer and can do any googling on them it can’t hurt to try and build up a picture of them too.

Try and have your key achievements/things you’re proud of in the back of your mind (or due to the benefits of a phone interview, on paper in front of you, so you can answer any questions i.e. ‘give me a good example of when you have…’ with a relevant answer that’s not only relevant but also flags one of your successes.

Ensure you have questions prepared- at least 6 (this is to negate the chance of all question being answered naturally during the course of the interview and you being left to say ‘no’ when asked if you have any questions towards the end of the interview. If you prepare 6, you’ll always have at least a couple left, which will ensure you seem interested and engaged.

If you feel that by the end of the interview that the interviewer has managed not to ask you the right questions to allow you to talk about what you see as some of your main ‘selling points’ for the role (many interviewers are just as, if not more nervous than the interviewee) it’s fine to say ‘we haven’t discussed X I have done which I think is very relevant to the role, would it be Ok to tell you?’

Other tips:
            Avoid acronyms and jargon

To finish, if they have convinced you that it is the job and the role for you tell them, not necessarily in a bolshy way but do give this impression. i.e. its been really interesting to hear about the role and I would certainly like to meet you in person for the next stage of the process.’ Or whatever fits the situation
            If they immediately ask you for a face to face do make sure you find out:
            -When
            -Where
            -Who you will be meeting

If its appropriate also ask:
            -What the most important thing they are looking for is
            -Will they be making a decision after the next interview
            -What the format of the interview will be

also do ensure its Oban and not Oman

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post

also do ensure its Oban and not Oman

Good luck
              Thanks paul...bcause of our geographical "differences" its going to be conducted purely by phone,so no face to face until i (hopefully) get offerd the job...and lets hope its not oman !!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

GREAT NEWS BIG G.fingers,toes and other bits crossed for ya mate.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Well done Gra!

I too read Oman at first - which does have better weather than Oban, but the scotch isn't as good
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Good luck mate, you'll love it up here
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Good luck old bean
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

good luck m8 from the old git

Comment

goodluck,and where the feck is that?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                            goodluck,and where the feck is that?
                            Way up north where they throw telegraph poles for fun & chase the haggis round the hills
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Congratulations n good luck with the interview Gra ....
                              Just think of all that Mud at weekends !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X