Uncomfortable seats??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncomfortable seats??

I was vacuuming the truck on Sunday when I noticed a knurled knob (ooeer mrs) down the right hand side of the drivers seat. I may be forgiven for only just noticing it because I have only had the truck for 10 months. It adjusts the height of the seat front. Now my circulation doesn't get cut off trying to keep the loud pedal down on long journeys.
    So the seats can be adjusted back/forward, rake angle, side grip, tilt, lumber support and headrest. The steering wheel height is also adjustable, so why do I keep seeing comments about Surfs being uncomfortable? Is it becuase other Surf owners are as observant as me?
    It's only a hobby!

i was led to beleave that they were uncomfy to drive,as it happens i think they are very comfy and iam 6ft 4" and large build. unless its the recaro,s that do it for me? is there any diffrence in the other seats????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
      i was led to beleave that they were uncomfy to drive,as it happens i think they are very comfy and iam 6ft 4" and large build. unless its the recaro,s that do it for me? is there any diffrence in the other seats????

i am with u slim. I am very happy with the way my seat feel. I have to use a wheelchair so the seats in the car have to come first for me.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
        i am with u slim. I am very happy with the way my seat feel. I have to use a wheelchair so the seats in the car have to come first for me.
        Previous car had recaros, if you did a 2 or 3 hour journey I wouldn't say the seats were uncormfortable but you knew you had driven a long way. Now the surf I just jump out the other end as if it was a short trip, seats overall ride, what ever, I think its comfortable.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

I find it very comfortable as I tend to sit quite upright when I drive anyway.... the only trouble I have is my left leg goes asleep coz it's got nothing to do... my other car's manual...

Can you repad the side of the seat.... it's will start to sag where we don't climb in and out properly...
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            I was vacuuming the truck on Sunday when I noticed a knurled knob (ooeer mrs) down the right hand side of the drivers seat. I may be forgiven for only just noticing it because I have only had the truck for 10 months. It adjusts the height of the seat front. Now my circulation doesn't get cut off trying to keep the loud pedal down on long journeys.
            So the seats can be adjusted back/forward, rake angle, side grip, tilt, lumber support and headrest. The steering wheel height is also adjustable, so why do I keep seeing comments about Surfs being uncomfortable? Is it becuase other Surf owners are as observant as me?
            Well that's cleared up one of the knobs for me. I've only had mine a week and I haven't had chance to figure out what they all do yet!!
            I was told that they aren't particularly comfortable for the .....shall we say...larger driver but like Slim I'm 6'4" and built for comfort and I haven't noticed that I don't fit.
            Bob

Too Old To Be Unruly!

'93 SSR X

Comment

Originally posted by Big Leggy
              Well that's cleared up one of the knobs for me. I've only had mine a week and I haven't had chance to figure out what they all do yet!!
              I was told that they aren't particularly comfortable for the .....shall we say...larger driver but like Slim I'm 6'4" and built for comfort and I haven't noticed that I don't fit.
              My surf is the first car that doesnt give me back ache when I drive for long distances!!! I think the seats are superb. My sis just got a new merc and was boasting about how comfy it is - I didnt like to tell her my little surf is mile better!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Strange that you should mention Mercedes Linda... My 2004 company car that was, was going to be a Merc ML270 but after driving my partners' nice new ML's I decided that I didn't want mine.

The single most irritating thing about it was that the seats were really uncomfortable. I never liked the chav image or the fragile plastic bumpers or the ????ty gearchange but after driving one of my partners ML's all day it was definitely the seats that prompted me to cancel mine.

Comment

Ours we have discovered is well comfy!!!!!
                  We went away to York last weekend and drove up on friday night, i spent 4 hours in the driving seat and was very comfortable, and no complaints about comfort from the boss either!!
                  we did a 150 mile trip on the sunday and had no probs, then the boss drove all the way home on monday in comfort, i think that is the furthest Sarah has ever driven in one hit as she usually gets uncomfortable with driving after about 100 miles so a big thumbs up from us!!!!!!
                  If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
                  I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

My comments that started this thread were tongue in cheek. It's just that when I was surfing the net the other night (another busy shift) I came across a review site and somebody asked what Surfs are like. A couple said they had a, "reputation for being uncomfortable" I think it must be Hangover Vogue owners who have never driven one!

Of course,I posted and put them right.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Spent 7 hours in the drivers seat when I drove up to Yorkshire a few weeks ago. Felt like it was a 3-4 hour drive if it had been in one of my previous cars.

Comment

Working...
                      X