Stripping the body.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripping the body.

Wondering if anyone has taken off the plastic fixtures on their Gen3? Talking about the door panels, the wheel arches, the side steps? Wondering how easy this is, either to respray in a diff colour, or to just leave off.

The root of this is I need new tyres, so am also thinking about black steel rims, so am thinking all that silverware is gonna clash and I want to just get radical

Anyone got any pics of a 3rg gen done like this?

I was thinking either stripped, or black fixtures.

TO:

Taaaaasty!!!

DO IT!

Im not sure how hard it it would be but i cant imagine it would be that difficult.

Comment

nah, sorry mate, but i'm not liking the green over black. Personally i'd leave as is and run white 8 spokes for a second set of wheels or if it's just coz you need new tyres, and not to have as a 2nd set, stick em on the rims you got there.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

no...no no no.......no no ...no ...........................no get a 2nd gen strip off all the useless bitz and take that off roading but dont fcuk up that great looking truck

Comment

What about painting it the same colour as the body.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I imagine it would look something like my 3rd Gen Surf, which looks more like the American market 4runner:

I am looking to get some of their arches (or flares), the thinner black ones.

Like this:

Comment

In fact, this thread here http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...&pagenumber=62 has a lot of pics of the US 4runner 3rd gen.

This is how I would like to go with mine: (although could never afford the shrockworks bumper and the shipping).

..mmmmmmmmmmm.... nice

Comment

Sorry mate but with all that black all over it, you may as well just buy a Landrover..

-----

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                  In fact, this thread here http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...&pagenumber=62 has a lot of pics of the US 4runner 3rd gen.

This is how I would like to go with mine: (although could never afford the shrockworks bumper and the shipping).

..mmmmmmmmmmm.... nice

Nice wheels
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                    Nice wheels
                    Me likey them too.....quite tall and skinny though aren't they......the US seem to do tyres in 10.5 wide x 33...haven't seen that over here.

....edit...wheels are 17" pro comp apparently.

...and I am really loving those bumpers
                    Last edited by Ava_Banana; 27 March 2009, 00:21.

Comment

I can get you a TJM T15 bumper for £2500....free truck aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                        I can get you a TJM T15 bumper for £2500....free truck aswell!
                        ...hmm tempting.......but no...just don't see the TJM as looking right...just the angles don't float my boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                          ...hmm tempting.......but no...just don't see the TJM as looking right...just the angles don't float my boat.

Your joking!!!

Its a beaut!

C'mon £2495!

Comment

Hmmm, not even if you throw in a packet of Hobnobs...

...spent £250 yesterday on a washing machine as apparenty "we cannot live without one"..

..thinking of strapping it to the front of the surf as a "novelty bumper".

Comment

im looking to 'artistically' copy the shrockworks bumper..modelling it in solidworks at the mo'

As per topic, i think the truck looks great..very purposeful looking. Cant see it being too difficult to remove the plastics

Comment

Working...
                              X