Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ e-cig users

Hellmet / Si tate and others
    Where did you get your ecigs from? - the ebay linky expired.
    there seems to be a plethora of folks selling these e-cigs on ebay but would like a recommendation from an actual user.
    My doc has just prescribed me a life long course of Lisinopril (high BP treatment) although my BP is just borderline.
    My thoughts are to eat a little less - do a lot more and finally quit the tabs after 20 odd years. Hopefully the ecig willdo the trick??

A few little questions for those in the know...
    how long do the batteries last between charges
    where do you get the liquid refills that have a "branded taste" - can only find the fruit flavours and a non discript "tabacco flavour"

cheers guys.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Others may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure e-cigs would help if you have blood pressure problems. I think that it's the nicotine that affects blood pressure and that is the bit that you keep with the e-cigs.

Having said that, giving up smoking is always a good thing.

Comment

Here you go mate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Mini-Ele...742.m153.l1262
      This is the liquid i use.
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/E-Liquid-Mini-...742.m153.l1262

Depending on how much you use the cig, 1 battery can last most of the day. I bought an in car charger so i never get caught out by 2 flat battries.

The liquid tastes of a normal "ish" cig, i find the taste ok.
      I got the high strength one to start with, still got a third or a bottle left that i bought a month ago, so it goes a long way for 16 quid.

It really has helped me but a friend of mine got one & he does'nt use it anymore, says he prefers "a proper cig".

You have to want to stop, & i do so this is the best thing to use in my opinion.
      Last edited by si tate; 25 March 2009, 14:40.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

the "normal" liquid tastes quite nice at first, a bit fruity!... but after a morning on it, i felt sick!!

gonna give it another go with a branded flavour, just feel a bit of a ### smoking it!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Your supposed to smoke it, not drink the stuff. hehe.

I know what you mean by feeling a ****, i tend to do it discreetly when im in public.

Comment

I have not had a cigarette since last Saturday and thats without help. Not easy, but everytime i feel a little pang, i just move room or do something else. Normally smoke at least 20+ a day. Also think of the price of a packet of cigarettes.
            Philip
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
              I have not had a cigarette since last Saturday and thats without help. Not easy, but everytime i feel a little pang, i just move room or do something else. Normally smoke at least 20+ a day. Also think of the price of a packet of cigarettes.
              Philip
              I'd end up killing someone if i went cold turkey, this thing just takes the edge off.

Must admit though im not using it half as much as i did when i first got it, + now i can smoke it anywhere in the house. You would have thought i'd be smokin it more.

Comment

N' I've not contributed to the Exchequer in 12 years !!!
                Butt smoke about a 50gram pouch a week ....

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 25 March 2009, 15:39.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

[QUOTE=Sancho;541482]Others may correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure e-cigs would help if you have blood pressure problems. I think that it's the nicotine that affects blood pressure and that is the bit that you keep with the e-cigs.
                  QUOTE]

Sorry i should have elaborated a tad more....
                  You're absolutley correct in what you say about nicotine.
                  I've tried to quit in the past - but only because I half-heartedly "thought" I should. needless to say I soon resume my smoking. I've tried numerous aids but nothing yet has kept me "clean".
                  This BP thing has got me a tad concerned - I'm only 37.
                  I know now that i "have" to give up and take care of myself if I want to see retirement. - long history of blood/heart related problems running in my family.
                  I hope that this e-cig will help me with my cravings when I'm stopping - and if my cravings get the better of me - then a quit tug on one of these is better than smoking a whole real cigarette.
                  I'm viewing this as an aid to quitting rather than an alternative.
                  Fingers crossed and a bit of will power I should be able to stop this time - along with loosing a bit weight and getting active again - should negate the need for these drugs - which I've read some horror stories about!!
                  The worse thing about these drugs in NOT - drinking - ever - again !!!

I'm not a big drinker by any means - but do enjoy the odd box of wine!!
                  Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                  X