Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @tony N, or anybody in the know.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=fuel+cat
    Last edited by si tate; 25 March 2009, 00:34.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

I know this is gonna stir a hornets nest again, but best place to fit it is in the bin.

Along with your 'ebay resistor chip' and your Vortex Hiclone.

Snakeoil.
    Last edited by Apache; 25 March 2009, 01:00.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I know this is gonna stir a hornets nest again, but best place to fit it is in the bin.

Along with your 'ebay resistor chip' and your Vortex Cyclone.

Snakeoil.
      So, im guessing you don't rate them then.

Comment

Just ask for proof.

They'll spout some carp about 'there was one fitted to a spitfire in world war two - it aligns free electrons yadda yadda yadda'

The science is dubious to say the least but if you want to spend money, send me £50 and I'll send you daily emails telling you how well your truck is going because of the good vibes I'm sending.

Comment

Just ask for proof.

They'll spout some carp about 'there was one fitted to a spitfire in world war two - it aligns free electrons yadda yadda yadda'

The science is dubious to say the least but if you want to spend money, send me £50 and I'll send you daily emails telling you how well your truck is going because of the good vibes I'm sending.
          TBH, i did get it for free.

A few members have them & not had any probs "i think", looks easy enough to fit, just need a few pointers, & before you say it im not gunna point it towards the bin.

Comment

I didn't say you'll have problems, and as you got it for free, you wont be that disappointed when it does feck all

Comment

I didn't say you'll have problems, and as you got it for free, you wont be that disappointed when it does feck all
              Im not looking for miracles like 40+ to the gallon, i just thought it might be a good thing to fit but as you say, if they were the best thing since sliced bread everyone would have one fitted.

Comment

Bearing in mind that I don't even have a GCSE (or O Level) in physics, my feeling is that the heated fuelcat (as I posted in the other thread) could be useful for heating veg oil and reducing the problems it might cause with gummed up injectors etc. The unheated one, in my opinion, does precisely nothing. It *might* have some use in petrol engines as an octane booster/lead replacement tool, but I can't see it would do anything in diesel.

I considered getting an in-tank one (bag of ball bearings) for my old V6 as the engine is set up to run on higher octane fuel than we have in the UK but decided against it as I read a post on another forum from a guy who weighed one, put it in his tank for a year, then took it out and weighed it again and found it was exactly the same, hence did nothing.

Comment

If these things worked, places that use proper amounts of fuel would know about them and be using them, but they don't... Companies like bp and Shell would be buying the technology and developing it (as they do with Solar and wind power etc), but they're not...

It doesn't work, sorry...

PS Combustion is another of my pet subjects!
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

have a heated fuelcat on 4runner
                    i had a record of mpg before 2 years before fitting and after,
                    and after looking at results can conclude it made no difference at all
                    i mainly gopt it to heat veg oil though

taking off bullbar made a difference to mpg though
                    Landcruiser Colorado
                    Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                    X