Re-engine. Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-engine. Will it fit?

Have seen this on eBay. I think it might give me a bit more power but I'm not sure if it might be a bit of a ball-ache to fit. I'm wondering if 'stein can make an adaptor so it will mate to the standard auto gearbox cos I dont want to go manual.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I reckon you'll need a couple of bonnet vents too. You gonna intercool it?

Comment

Make sure it comes with ALL the bits, including that extra shaft above the drift shaft

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I'm wondering if I'll have to relocate the rad forward a bit - or the seats back a bit - or both...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          I'm wondering if I'll have to relocate the rad forward a bit - or the seats back a bit - or both...

I think you'll need up-rated torsion bars at least. You using the fuel tank too?

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm.you might have to move the bulkhead a little........................ ............like to the backseat.an adaptor plate wouldnt bee a problem got one in stock for just this occassion.but gearbox might have a bit of a problem taking the power,but dont let a little thing like that stop you andy.......................... .......................
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

I was thinking maybe I'll forego the gearbox altogether. I would probably have enough torque to drive the wheels from standstill to top speed just driven directly. I'm glad I've got an LSD!

Can the steering column be lengthened by a few feet?

I'll stick with the original fuel tank for now. We've got garages every few miles here. I've got quite a lot of veg oil too. Will it be OK without heaters?

Comment

I was thinking maybe I'll forego the gearbox altogether. I would probably have enough torque to drive the wheels from standstill to top speed just driven directly. I'm glad I've got an LSD!

well you could do but you wouldnt have a reverse gear or any means of dis-engaging drive to the wheels,could be pretty scary in a traffic jam.and as for steering why not do a rear wheel steer conversion.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  well you could do but you wouldnt have a reverse gear or any means of dis-engaging drive to the wheels,could be pretty scary in a traffic jam.and as for steering why not do a rear wheel steer conversion.
                  Or a rudder.
                  Just stick you foot out the door to slow down. Don't wear flip-flops though.

Comment

I'll stick with the original fuel tank for now. We've got garages every few miles here. I've got quite a lot of veg oil too. Will it be OK without heaters?
                    /
                    that thing will propably run on parrafin.can you still get it nowadays.?
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Or a rudder.
                      funny that i nearly said use a rudder but then i thought nah,that would be totally ridiculous.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Andy, I think you'll need a Dremel.

Comment

Jet a1 fuel should do .............May need to uprate the torque converter though
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Anythings possible!! remember the bloke that fitted a rolls royce merlin engine in a rolls royce car? i think he lenghtened the front end by about 2-3 ft,
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

May be worth looking into some slightly more powerful speakers if you want to hear the stereo?

Comment

Working...
                              X