isuzu prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isuzu prob

hi all got a prob with my isuzu the engine wont start unless i pull the gear selector just out of P .there must be a cut off switch? can i get to it from inside the car or underneath. all the best .steve

id guess if u take the plastic housing off round the stick it should be fair easy to get to

Comment

Can you hear a click when you press the brake pedal before attempting to start?
      Will it start in Neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Can you hear a click when you press the brake pedal before attempting to start?
        Will it start in Neutral?
        not sure never tryed to start it in neutral ill give it a go

Comment

steve can you not bridge the switch out for the time being,ok i know it will start in gear but just make sure its in park or neutral each time before you start,will get you by for now.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

yes it does start in N .it will also start in P if i pull the leaver slightly .the car is parked in a cold gloomy garage all week and only used at weekends in fact i don't think i used it at all last weekend so could the switch be damp ?. perhaps the prob is due to a lack of use

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
              yes it does start in N .it will also start in P if i pull the leaver slightly .the car is parked in a cold gloomy garage all week and only used at weekends in fact i don't think i used it at all last weekend so could the switch be damp ?. perhaps the prob is due to a lack of use
              At least it's not the neutral start switch.

Sounds like it's just the linkage from the base of the lever to the selector on the transmission then. There's normally room for adjustment, you just have loosen the nut and move the gear lever slightly then tighten the nut.
              No need to remove the gear lever surround, the adjustment is on the linkage on the transmission. You'll see what I mean if crawl under and have a look.

Comment

thanks all and ill have a look vince

Comment

Working...
                X