No announcement yet.

****Look what I got*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice !my only problem is that it doesn't backlight at night and the garage people went pale when I asked them to look at it ! Oh nd I just have a bogstandard stereo under mine, Now Your's looks ever so professional and neat !

not that I'm jealous or anything....
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
      Very nice !my only problem is that it doesn't backlight at night and the garage people went pale when I asked them to look at it ! Oh nd I just have a bogstandard stereo under mine, Now Your's looks ever so professional and neat !

not that I'm jealous or anything....

It's probably just burnt out LEDs as they provide the backlighting.
      The display needs to be removed to get at them. I'm sure I've seen a write-up about it on Yotatech. I'll have a search.

Here's one....http://www.yotatech.com/f127/99-ltd-...acement-70183/

Looks like they're bulbs not LEDs.

My dash is factory fit. TV, Sat-nav, CD, Tape, Radio doohicky, shame it's all in Japanese though.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 21 March 2009, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        Ohh! Me!

Now i own a jaguar i want some GAY highlights please..
        SERIOUSLY nice truck vince.i like it.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          The display needs to be removed to get at them. I'm sure I've seen a write-up about it on Yotatech. I'll have a search.

My dash is factory fit. TV, Sat-nav, CD, Tape, Radio doohicky, shame it's all in Japanese though.

Good write up that, they still use those sodding awfull little bulbs then, there the same as the ones in the heater unit on the 2nd gens, and just as much work to get at, replaced mine with leds,
          like that dash tho, all that climate controll marlarky, being a sucker for gadetry, does the factory fit tv thingy work Vince?
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
            [tries to look innocent]

Last fillup = 28 litres @ 0.89 = £24.89 for a measly mere 359 miles
            yeah but look what you have to drive to get that kinda economy! I'll stick with my V8!
            Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            SERIOUSLY nice truck vince.i like it.

barsteward!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              Good write up that, they still use those sodding awfull little bulbs then, there the same as the ones in the heater unit on the 2nd gens, and just as much work to get at, replaced mine with leds,
              like that dash tho, all that climate controll marlarky, being a sucker for gadetry, does the factory fit tv thingy work Vince?
              Yeah it all works, awesome sound from the speakers especially when playing CDs, vibrates the mirrors when cranked up!
              The sat-nav functions are there but it's programmed for Japan so the screen is just blank. The TV is just a fuzzy image as it's in NTSC format and it's PAL over here.
              Been trying to find info on converting it myself 'cos there are NTSC to PAL converters available for house TVs/DVD players. Not found anything yet.

Comment

posh bugger
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Thanks for the info Vince ! Much appreciated...listen for the screams of derision when I pull the wrong wire and totally Bu**er it !
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Yeah it all works, awesome sound from the speakers especially when playing CDs, vibrates the mirrors when cranked up!
                    The sat-nav functions are there but it's programmed for Japan so the screen is just blank. The TV is just a fuzzy image as it's in NTSC format and it's PAL over here.
                    Been trying to find info on converting it myself 'cos there are NTSC to PAL converters available for house TVs/DVD players. Not found anything yet.
                    After you asking about mine i had a fiddle about and had forgot how pretty good the picture is for a cheapo chinese set, problem is as soon as i move (drive) the pic breaks up summat wicked, not quite sure if it's just cr@p reception round here, or i need to relocate the didgital aeriel thing somewhere else like at the back of the roof where theres less electtrical stuff around, dunno if that would make a difference or not, or buy a caravan type aeriel, the £100 ones, plus this set knocked out the rear speakers (wont power up the original amps) so when i get round to it i'll rerun the sterio wireing and hope to get a decent amp etc, need to pick BDT's massive in car entertainment brain for that
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

After you asking about mine i had a fiddle about and had forgot how pretty good the picture is for a cheapo chinese set, problem is as soon as i move (drive) the pic breaks up summat wicked, not quite sure if it's just cr@p reception round here, or i need to relocate the didgital aeriel thing somewhere else like at the back of the roof where theres less electtrical stuff around, dunno if that would make a difference or not, or buy a caravan type aeriel, the £100 ones, plus this set knocked out the rear speakers (wont power up the original amps) so when i get round to it i'll rerun the sterio wireing and hope to get a decent amp etc, need to pick BDT's massive in car entertainment brain for that
                      Maybe your roof mounted CB is affecting it.

Anyway, you shouldn't be watching telly as you drive around!

Comment

u rang

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

taogjh#P|dgnl: RTSRD,Xgfsj.c,j ,mn u. v
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Let me know if you find any converters for the tv,s. I,ve had a half assed look and didn,t find anything but was told that if I did it would probably be almost as dear as a double din set up off fleabay.
                            I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Glad you like it Vince. Take care of her.

Comment

Working...
                              X