Brake flush info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake flush info please

It's been a couple of years since I last flushed the brake fluid and I just can not remember the answers to these two questions, so any help greatfully received.

1) How much fludi do you need to do a complete brake fluid flush?

2) where does the LSV come in the bleed order? The wheels (if I remember correctly) go NSR, OSR, NSF, OSF. Does the LSV come before, or after the rear wheels?

Wish me luck I'm servicing the caliper tomorrow if the repair kit arrives.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    1) How much fludi do you need to do a complete brake fluid flush?.
    If you do it properly, strip the system, clean it out and re-fill with fresh fluid, maybe 1 - 2 litres, if you do it the lazy way and push the old fluid out with new, 2 - 3 litres to get it properly clean (you'll waste a lot)?

These are guestimates by the way...

2) where does the LSV come in the bleed order? The wheels (if I remember correctly) go NSR, OSR, NSF, OSF. Does the LSV come before, or after the rear wheels?
    I've never had to bleed an LSV...

If you're competant and know what you're doing, you won't need luck.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It's been a couple of years since I last flushed the brake fluid and I just can not remember the answers to these two questions, so any help greatfully received.

1) How much fludi do you need to do a complete brake fluid flush?

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      If you do it properly, strip the system, clean it out and re-fill with fresh fluid, maybe 1 - 2 litres, if you do it the lazy way and push the old fluid out with new, 2 - 3 litres to get it properly clean (you'll waste a lot)?

These are guestimates by the way...

I've never had to bleed an LSV...

If you're competant and know what you're doing, you won't need luck.
      He really wanted to say "and if your not and are unlucky then your dead"

Congrats on showing restraint Andy, must be an age thing lol
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

I'm trying to be more restrained in my comments, is that an age thiong too?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post

I think he really meant to say COMPETENT, rather than competant, whatever that is.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

I used to strip and rebuild the brakes on one of my bikes quite regularly, but that was about 12 years ago, and cars are slightly more complicated. The caliper is now completely stripped, unfortunaltely the repair kit was the wrong size (and the seized piston is damaged) so the correct size repair kit and new pistons are arriving monday. Rebuilding shouldn't take more than 10mins, the flush will take longer.

Thanks for the restraint, rest assured if I am not 100% confident in what I'm doing I will find someone who is. Unfortunatley my experiance with qualified mechanics is extremely poor, either with work being paid for not being done, or with potentially dangerous faults left on the vehicle. Hence why it's only Tony or myself who work on her.

Rest assured everything will be hunky dory, I've got my annual pilgramage to Scotland in may.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
              I think he really meant to say COMPETENT, rather than competant, whatever that is.
              We've spoken about this before; it's one of the ones I usually spell wrong. Maintenance, even though I use it (and competence) daily, is another.

Comment

Working...
              X