Ipod Touch 16gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod Touch 16gb

I fancy one of these, but is there a big difference between 1st and 2nd gen models (Ipods not Surfs, thank you)!

I'm not bothered about games or internet connectivity, I just want it to play music and view videos. Also I believe you can upgrade the 1st gen software?

Advice please gentlemen.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

well my mrs has the new 2nd gen one,its ok,wont ever crash like an old one,but i got a new 120gb classic for the same money

Comment

So the first gens had problems with crashing? I think it may be safer to go with the 2nd gen, there's not a great deal of difference price wise. I've had my 20gb iPod classic about 2 years and there's still only 8 gb on it!

Comment

got the iphone (3G) and it's a cracking bit of kit, though it is probably OTT price wise. Would recomend it to anyone, as far as i know the touch is identical except it doesn't have the phone functionality?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

ive got a 1st gen, an its never crashed on me yet..had it since release..!!

Not too sure what differences there are between that and the newer one other than physical differences, i.e. slimmer etc. They both run on the same software as far as im aware..??

has the newer one got bluetooth, one thing thats missing on the 1st..??

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
            ive got a 1st gen, an its never crashed on me yet..had it since release..!!

Not too sure what differences there are between that and the newer one other than physical differences, i.e. slimmer etc. They both run on the same software as far as im aware..??

has the newer one got bluetooth, one thing thats missing on the 1st..??
            Happy birthday, by the way, Nik.

Comment

My lad has one of the i pod touch Jim and it's a fantastic bit of kit.
              The graphics are great and loads of software available for them.
              wi fi connection is excellent as is the display for such a small unit.

I think he paid £155 from amazon. I would aslo buy the screen protectors and the rubber case. He has dropped his and the rubber case has no doubt saved it.
              Brian

Comment

Now got the chance of a brand new 32 gb Ipod touch for £200. Advertised locally, doesn't seem like a bad price.
                Last edited by Scorpion; 19 March 2009, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  Happy birthday, by the way, Nik.
                  cheers dude..

£200 for a 32Gb sounds good money to me..jus make sure it aint nicked..!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    My lad has one of the i pod touch Jim and it's a fantastic bit of kit.
                    The graphics are great and loads of software available for them.
                    wi fi connection is excellent as is the display for such a small unit.

I think he paid £155 from amazon. I would aslo buy the screen protectors and the rubber case. He has dropped his and the rubber case has no doubt saved it.
                    yup, case and screen protectors absolute must IMO, curry's do one with a rubberised case with a hard polycarbonate screen protector, much better than the sticky back peel on peel off screen protectors, that don't actually seem to do much to stop scrathches and damage to the screen.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Yay, got my 32GB Ipod Touch tonight. Brand spanking new, UK model, supplied with receipt and Jam Jacket. How some people get these as a present and then don't want them is beyond me. Still their loss is my gain etc!

Will be playing on it for the next couple of hours and reading the info on the iTunes website. My only small gripe is that you get bugga all in the way of instructions with it, bar a little sheet telling you to log on to the web. Everything is accessed online, no doubt Apples way of making sure we use their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        Yay, got my 32GB Ipod Touch tonight. Brand spanking new, UK model, supplied with receipt and Jam Jacket. How some people get these as a present and then don't want them is beyond me. Still their loss is my gain etc!

Will be playing on it for the next couple of hours and reading the info on the iTunes website. My only small gripe is that you get bugga all in the way of instructions with it, bar a little sheet telling you to log on to the web. Everything is accessed online, no doubt Apples way of making sure we use their website.
                        yup and if like me you hate their site,there is a way round it

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                          yup and if like me you hate their site,there is a way round it
                          Do tell! ( Or do I already know about it, Jailbroken, Hacktivated etc?)

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Do tell! ( Or do I already know about it, Jailbroken, Hacktivated etc?)
                            kinda by the sounds of it,i use winamp and get music from frostwire,u still have to run itunes for the pc to recognise the ipod,then put winamp on and hey presto

Comment

Working...
                            X