MOT Bill!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Bill!!!!

Couldn't believe it!! I have had the truck off the road for 6 months, charged the battery and it started first go...just been for the MOT and it failed so has just cost me £1.20 to get two new rear brake light bubs and now it's passed

Did get and advisory for the wheels sticking out beyond the sides but I will put the arches on from my scrapper...so still no cost

MOT cost £53 is that about right??

Good result

Mine nearly failed last year.... but the garage owner kindly replaced one of the number plate blubs for me so it was Ok then. (I’d checked all the others but missed that one in the daylight).
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Just remember what the advert says:

"The car in front is a Toyota"

Comment

mot cost

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
        Couldn't believe it!! I have had the truck off the road for 6 months, charged the battery and it started first go...just been for the MOT and it failed so has just cost me £1.20 to get two new rear brake light bubs and now it's passed

Did get and advisory for the wheels sticking out beyond the sides but I will put the arches on from my scrapper...so still no cost

MOT cost £53 is that about right??
        price is bang on gov rate is 53.10 most garages that use a discount rate findwork so a bargin me thinks

Comment

My MOT last month failed on front brake imbalance. A new set of pads cured it and it past on re-test. £44.95 for test. One local garage does them for £35. A lad I work with had to spend over £2000 to get his 10 year old Alfa Romeo through its test recently. A load of it was for welding. Italian rot box.

Comment

Why would anyone spend £2000 fixing a 10yr old alfa?

Comment

He said it would cost him more to buy another car. He has had it from new having saved up and bought it for cash. He does one big trip a year in it to Eastern Europe and back.
              He cycles a 24 mile round trip everyday to work and one of his bikes cost him over £2000. He just spend £90 on a gear change for it.

Comment

I collected from a bike shop a while back, what i thought was an empty flight case...
                the owner sadi " go careful, that's £10,000 worth!"

huh?... there's a bike in there???

is was unbelieveably light!... i'll try and remember the make.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X