Bit old - 2005.....you that bored?
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
            Bit old - 2005.....you that bored?
            but diesel bob's still going.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What are we lolling at? Diesel Bob is very much in business and those that have fitted a Bobbox (notwithstanding the scepticism over what it actually does) seem very happy with it.

Comment

I remember this discussion before, is'nt someone still waiting for someone to take one apart to see whats in there,? take a soddin miricle to get mine off it's ass,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It bungs a load more fuel in when you accelerate hard, kind of like turning the screw on the pump, but responsive to how hard you accelerate instead of being full on all the time. I reckon.

Comment

so it over fuels it under acceleration?no im fine ty

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      so it over fuels it under acceleration?no im fine ty
                      You have a rotary type injection pump,as do all the efi surfs apparently.
                      This allows /disallows a few things andy.With a rotary pump, you can calibrate it,to deliver the same amount of fuel per injection stroke, but you cant phase it, as you can with an inline pump,bt this aint necesary for a rotary.The rotarys are also the precursors for common rail,where a high pressure pump keeps the psi up in the delivery bar, but lets the various elements take care of the fuel being injected,mostly electronically,,,,,these injectors are not running at capacity,andare capable of delivering a few more cc's of fuel than the pump delivers.
                      These injection systems are quite rudimentary,having been trialled on a few commercials as well. Im sure surfenstein will correct me if im wrong, but perkins ( a favourite marine application) used something akin to this on their road going engines.when i did my apprenticeship we had various wagons....Dodge, Ford D series, etc that used this aftermarket application,and it never did any harm to them,chiefly because the injection system was never running at full chat.Some of the later ford cargo's (i seem to remember) had this application driven by the ecu, rather than voltage from the back of the pump.Even nowadays, a coach i had in the mid 90's a scania 124 had this fitted, it was a mechanically fuel injected engine, and it took a start signal from a tps sensor on the back of the pump.When we upgraded to a newer model (with EFI|) it took a signal again from the engine AND gearbox ecu as over revving was a an issue that needed to be addresed and avoided...its old hat and has popped its head up in various guises for a long time.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        You have a rotary type injection pump,as do all the efi surfs apparently.
                        This allows /disallows a few things andy.With a rotary pump, you can calibrate it,to deliver the same amount of fuel per injection stroke, but you cant phase it, as you can with an inline pump,bt this aint necesary for a rotary.The rotarys are also the precursors for common rail,where a high pressure pump keeps the psi up in the delivery bar, but lets the various elements take care of the fuel being injected,mostly electronically,,,,,these injectors are not running at capacity,andare capable of delivering a few more cc's of fuel than the pump delivers.
                        These injection systems are quite rudimentary,having been trialled on a few commercials as well. Im sure surfenstein will correct me if im wrong, but perkins ( a favourite marine application) used something akin to this on their road going engines.when i did my apprenticeship we had various wagons....Dodge, Ford D series, etc that used this aftermarket application,and it never did any harm to them,chiefly because the injection system was never running at full chat.Some of the later ford cargo's (i seem to remember) had this application driven by the ecu, rather than voltage from the back of the pump.Even nowadays, a coach i had in the mid 90's a scania 124 had this fitted, it was a mechanically fuel injected engine, and it took a start signal from a tps sensor on the back of the pump.When we upgraded to a newer model (with EFI|) it took a signal again from the engine AND gearbox ecu as over revving was a an issue that needed to be addresed and avoided...its old hat and has popped its head up in various guises for a long time.
                        Put better than mine - thanks
                        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

well my surf runs fine ie not broke so not fixin it

Comment

Working...
                          X