Awwwwww, bless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awwwwww, bless!

I'm really gutted for the poor sod, such a shame!

Sickening!

yeh I don't really feel for him either to be honest....
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Not getting at any of the posters in this thread, but...

Why do some people gloat when rich, self made, people lose money? I honestly don't understand the mentality.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Not getting at any of the posters in this thread, but...

Why do some people gloat when rich, self made, people lose money? I honestly don't understand the mentality.
        I completely agree with you!

We as a nation seem to be really pleased to see successful people fail/lose - and I just don't get it.....this guy started selling bread rolls and made all his money from nothing....if you'd started from nothing and made that kind of money, and saw your personal wealth go down like that, would you be happy to read that people find that funny????
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Re

Sheeesh!

I think you are missing the point fellas!

Do you not find the whole thing a wee bit ridiculous?

Remember, Hitler was a self made millionaire as well!

The point, Alan Sugar loses 100 million due to the credit crunch, most of us haven't a pot to pi55 in BECAUSE of people like Alan Sugar and all the fat cats exploiting the working man in Britain!

You may respect his kind, good for you, I don't!

Maybe if these #######s gave something back to the people who made them rich in the first place I wouldn't gloat!

I mean, christ! How the hell do you sit on 700 million, could he not buy a children's hospital or something!

Noone could ever spend all that cash in a lifetime!
          Last edited by hellmett; 16 March 2009, 22:25.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
            Sheeesh!

I think you are missing the point fellas!

The point, Alan Sugar loses 100 million due to the credit crunch, all the rest of us haven't a pot to pi55 in!
            Well, if you put it that way....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I find the whole credit crunch nonsense ridiculous. Still, it's keeping the masses busy whilst all the unpopular legislation is sneaked through.

Yep, a very, very clever man. Loved his family and country, charming host and very generous. But I don't see the relevance?

The point, Alan Sugar loses 100 million due to the credit crunch, all the rest of us haven't a pot to pi55 in!
              That's a bit sweeping is it not? I have a pot

Comment

I find the whole credit crunch nonsense ridiculous. Still, it's keeping the masses busy whilst all the unpopular legislation is sneaked through.
                Hasn't affected you then, congratulations - Maybe spare a thought for those of us who have been affected!

Affected!

Yep, a very, very clever man. Loved his family and country, charming host and very generous. But I don't see the relevance?
                You knew him then? Dinner party was it?

That's a bit sweeping is it not? I have a pot
                Clever!
                Last edited by hellmett; 16 March 2009, 22:38.

Comment

Hasn't affected you then, congratulations - Maybe spare a thought for those of us who have been affected!
                  I didn't say I hadn't been affected, nor did I say I wasn't thinking about those who were.

You knew him then? Dinner party was it?
                  No, I didn't know him or bring him into this. His life is pretty well documented though.

Comment

all i will add is,i have respect for the bloke,he started at zero to where he is now

Comment

Well the credit crunch has hit the adder population quite badly,apparently
                      they no longer have a pit to hiss in..................
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm not getting into any flaming arguments here!

You can take the post whatever way you want, in the spirit that it was intended or not, it doesn't really matter because in a weeks time it will be forgotten!

Sometimes I think that a few certain members on here actually try to pick holes in posts just for the sheer hell of it.

Devil's Advocates!

(Advocaat's?)

How can anyone, and I mean ANYONE, not be satisfied or feel good seeing some rich ###### lose 100 million and suffer the way the rest of us in this crappy country are suffering!

No matter who it is!

I don't understand it!

Anyhow, say what you want, think what you want!

I have my opinions and you have yours, that's what makes us who/what we are!

Gary
                        Last edited by hellmett; 16 March 2009, 22:58.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                          Well the credit crunch has hit the adder population quite badly,apparently
                          they no longer have a pit to hiss in..................
                          LOL! A classic!

Comment

I'm not getting into any flaming arguments here!
                            I'm not flaming, I'm discussing.

You can take the post whatever way you want, in the spirit that it was intended or not, it doesn't really matter because in a weeks time it will be forgotten!

Sometimes I think that a few certain members on here actually try to pick holes in posts just for the sheer hell of it.
                            I'm not picking holes in your post, I'm disagreeing with the concept of feeling good when someone who has done better than you loses something.

Devil's Advocates!
                            Not this time!

How can anyone, and I mean ANYONE, not be satisfied or feel good seeing some rich ###### lose 100 million and suffer the way the rest of us in this crappy country are suffering!

No matter who it is!

I don't understand it!
                            We're at polar opposites here, I can't understand why anyone would feel any satisfaction with the above scenario.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on it.

Anyhow, say what you want, think what you want!
                            I will and I do!

I have my opinions and you have yours, that's what makes us who/what we are!
                            Yep, it does. Views an opinions, not what we do or don't have in the bank or what we may or may not get for a pension.

Comment

I mean, christ! How the hell do you sit on 700 million, could he not buy a children's hospital or something!

Noone could ever spend all that cash in a lifetime!
                              personally couldn't give a rats ass about alan sugar one way or the other but this comment of yours interested me. though I think he does put quite a lot of money into various charity ventures and i'm sure with a bit of googling you can find out, I just wondered if you challenge yourself in the same way? how much of your own time or money do you put into supporting childrens hospitals for instance? i'm not actually asking you for an answer or amount here, instead I just wonder if you've actually considered it?
                              before I get a response about not having a pot to #### in, any of us who ever buy a pint of beer, an unnecessary modification part for our vehicle, or a litre of fuel for a thirsty vehicle that is not essential to our work are using disposable income we could choose to donate to charity if we wished to forgo these non essentials.

what i'm getting at is its all relative. he has millions the rest of us have less but surely to be fair if you demand something of someone else you should be able to do that knowing you do as much as you can relativley afford to. maybe you do?

Comment

Working...
                              X