Is this available online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this available online?

I am looking for a repair manual for a 3rd GEN, 1997 KZN185 3.0L diesel Auto Surf so that we can look at how to replace the thermostat... Everything we have found online so far has been for 2nd GEN and the engine looks completely different????
    "Good at cracking bones"

Originally posted by EvH View Post
    I am looking for a repair manual for a 3rd GEN, 1997 KZN185 3.0L diesel Auto Surf so that we can look at how to replace the thermostat... Everything we have found online so far has been for 2nd GEN and the engine looks completely different????
    Stat is the same on any KZ/TE motor, 2nd or 3rd gen.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

but the photos we've seen on the net of the engins of the 2nd gens look completely different, so how will i know where to look judging by those?

(sorry, this is probably a REALLY stupid question...)
      "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

2nd generation can be either a 3 Ltr or a 2.4. You are probably looking at the 2.4. All second and third generation 3 Ltrs have the thermostat in the same place so just look at the link below and clik on the 1KZ-TE manual links.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/

Nev

Comment

Is this it?

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/
          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Yep. Go to CO-10 for the thermostat section.

Nev

Comment

But I took that diagram out to the car and the engine looks different??
              "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

The thermostat is low down on the right hand side of the engine, follow the bottom radiator hose back and it will take you straight to it.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

evh not bein funny but if yr tryin to fix yr mates surf,it overheats v v v v quickly,i think yr graspin at straws??

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    evh not bein funny but if yr tryin to fix yr mates surf,it overheats v v v v quickly,i think yr graspin at straws??
                    It's not me trying to fix it (I wouldn't even know where to start), it is just him being bl@@dy stubborn.... Looooonnngggg story!!
                    "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Originally posted by EvH View Post
                      It's not me trying to fix it (I wouldn't even know where to start), it is just him being bl@@dy stubborn.... Looooonnngggg story!!
                      im guessin he nearly fell over when he realised the head cost?

Comment

Hi Este, has pete had it tested yet or is he on the "process of elimination"??

Al
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

He hasn't even looked into that yet...

How much are they in any way?
                          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...APXH_1603.html

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                              Hi Este, has pete had it tested yet or is he on the "process of elimination"??

Al
                              When you are driving it will be fine and then all of a sudden you'll notice that the heating doesnt work anymore (just cold air coming out) and the temp will rise, fast. Then there will be an almost audible "click", the air coming out and the temp will start coming down. That's why we thought it is the thermostat. This will keep on happening.... We haven't used the car for a while now though
                              "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Working...
                              X