Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    I went crazy when i saw "20 alloys" an a £499 buy it now!! Thought 'brilliant.. there mine'

but im not too keen on the look.
    ??????????????????
    photoshop it with those wheels,trust me

Comment

I went crazy when i saw "20 alloys" an a £499 buy it now!! Thought 'brilliant.. there mine'

but im not too keen on the look.
      I dont blame you they,d make the jag look like a chav special
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Be careful with the alloys Rod. There is a thread on JWM forum, to do with original and aftermarket alloys not having the same offset or something.

Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          ??????????????????
          photoshop it with those wheels,trust me
          Originally posted by Brummie View Post
          I dont blame you they,d make the jag look like a chav special
          They do look better then you'd expect via a dodgy MS paint job.. Not sure i can go for £500 + tyre costs right now though... I'd probably need to sell the surf to get anything too much done.
          Originally posted by tintin View Post
          Be careful with the alloys Rod. There is a thread on JWM forum, to do with original and aftermarket alloys not having the same offset or something.

Alan
          Thanks mate! I've been reading a few issues with wheels. The XJ PCD is 120.64 or something along those lines... BMW etc are just 120. so theres been a few storys of alloy wheels being jammed on that aint quite right.

I've been offered a rear wing for £80 provided i cut it out myself. Not sure how hard it would be to remove it an then fix it to mine. Respray will be cheap enough as i know a couple of places that could do a panel no problem.

Anyone got a plasma cutter?!

Comment

They do look better then you'd expect via a dodgy MS paint job.. Not sure i can go for £500 + tyre costs right now though... I'd probably need to sell the surf to get anything too much done.

Thanks mate! I've been reading a few issues with wheels. The XJ PCD is 120.64 or something along those lines... BMW etc are just 120. so theres been a few storys of alloy wheels being jammed on that aint quite right.

I've been offered a rear wing for £80 provided i cut it out myself. Not sure how hard it would be to remove it an then fix it to mine. Respray will be cheap enough as i know a couple of places that could do a panel no problem.

Anyone got a plasma cutter?!
            pic PIC

Comment

Rod, get the repairs done, MOT it, give it a clean to the shiny club's standards and get it back on Ebay for 2k. then buy another cheapie.
              All this talk of alloys an' shit, don't waste your cash. Someone will buy it as it is all polished up, YOU did remember?
              I thought you were saving money and getting a run-aound to get you into the city to earn???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Rod, get the repairs done, MOT it, give it a clean to the shiny club's standards and get it back on Ebay for 2k. then buy another cheapie.
                All this talk of alloys an' shit, don't waste your cash. Someone will buy it as it is all polished up, YOU did remember?
                I thought you were saving money and getting a run-aound to get you into the city to earn???!!!
                This is my run around... it uses less fuel then the surf an i can get it in the cheap car park as aposed to the wallet hating open air one i use now.

I'll probably keep hold of the car for a while. I dont know how long exactly... but a while.

As far as alloys are concerned i'll be sticking with jaguar stock alloys. They all seem to fetch similar money but there a long way off yet if i do go down that route... there also pretty much the only thing i'd change on it.

I've found a website that do some tastful bits for XJ's but frankly none of them would really suit mine as other then the bumpers an the hands of the clock there is no chrome.

Comment

This is my run around... it uses less fuel then the surf an i can get it in the cheap car park as aposed to the wallet hating open air one i use now.

I'll probably keep hold of the car for a while. I dont know how long exactly... but a while.

As far as alloys are concerned i'll be sticking with jaguar stock alloys. They all seem to fetch similar money but there a long way off yet if i do go down that route... there also pretty much the only thing i'd change on it.

I've found a website that do some tastful bits for XJ's but frankly none of them would really suit mine as other then the bumpers an the hands of the clock there is no chrome.
                  Rod mate, a Corsa is a runaround, not a Jag... you daft sod.

Will it fit into the spaces in the other car park, or keep poking out of the end?
                  Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

it'll fit in the car park no worries... if not im sure Stein could bobtail a jag!

Comment

Working...
                    X