No announcement yet.

Wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group 18 insurance and 27mpg.......cheap?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Even with the little dings & scuffs, that is alot of car for the money.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
        It will probably be about the same to run as the surf
        Higher mpg and cheaper fuel but dearer insurance, might even come out infront.
        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Good luck...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
            Like the one I used to have...but I had a 2,9straight six...

Good luck running it, best I don't mention my experiences.

Lovely car to actually drive though!

AND YOU HAVE THE V8 WOW!
            Oh yes!! My first V8!! 22 years old an i have a V8!! Step in the right direction aint it!
            Insurance quotes were very, very reasonable actually mate. Im hoping Adrian flux can sort it out.. no worse then my surf with its mods. an 27mpg is going to be heaven!! its damn near double what im getting now.. factor in petrols abit cheaper an im on cloud 9!
            Originally posted by si tate View Post
            Even with the little dings & scuffs, that is alot of car for the money.
            Thats the same thinking as me mate!! Its sooo nice! Honestly, Anyone whos not sat behind the wheel of an XJ... try it out! Its leathery heaven!
            Originally posted by Brummie View Post
            It will probably be about the same to run as the surf
            Higher mpg and cheaper fuel but dearer insurance, might even come out infront.
            Im expecting it too... but mostly due to my poor mpg!
            Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Good luck...
            Cheers mate!! I think thats what i'll need most! If the MOT goes well an the dents get sorted cheap then im well away... if it looks like im going to be shafted i'll still have the surf for now to drive in an break the jag!!

At least im 1000000% sure i want an XJ now! damn there nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              If you're going to buy a Jaguar, you must learn to speak properly!

It's they're, not there (they're is shortened from 'they are', there is a place)...

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Insurance quotes were very, very reasonable actually mate. Im hoping Adrian flux can sort it out.. don't forget to declare the mods to the bodywork.

Have a drive in a big Lexus, I think you'll change your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  If you're going to buy a Jaguar, you must learn to speak properly!

It's they're, not there (they're is shortened from 'they are', there is a place)...
                  I keep pointing that out to him Andy, bl00dy kids never listen/learn.

I think we can let this one go for now, the boy is excited.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    I keep pointing that out to him Andy, bl00dy kids never listen/learn.

I think we can let this one go for now, the boy is excited.
                    OK, just this once

Comment

Fanks fellas!

Comment

Might be an idea to think about a gas conversion, there is a guy who comes up to see his son and he has 1 with the gas conversion and he says there's no real power loss and i have seen it shift onto the dual carrageway

Comment

Well mate, I'm really pleased that you got it! Looks like it could be a really nice car - I prefer the Audi personally, but the Jag is nice (particulaly if you are over 50 - sorry, couldn't resist it) but my mates XJR is very nice indeed.....so I know what you mean....

Hope the MOT is no problem and you get the bits you need cheap to sort the wings out dude!
                          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution View Post
                            Might be an idea to think about a gas conversion, there is a guy who comes up to see his son and he has 1 with the gas conversion and he says there's no real power loss and i have seen it shift onto the dual carrageway
                            One my mates was saying his Dad does LPG kits.. so that might be worth looking into if he can do it nice an cheap! The car averaged 30mpg on the test drive.. heaven!!!
                            Well mate, I'm really pleased that you got it! Looks like it could be a really nice car - I prefer the Audi personally, but the Jag is nice (particulaly if you are over 50 - sorry, couldn't resist it) but my mates XJR is very nice indeed.....so I know what you mean....

Hope the MOT is no problem and you get the bits you need cheap to sort the wings out dude!

Cheers mate!! It is a bit of an older gentlemens car.. The only thing that concerns me is that people might treat me like a learner driver.. the "im not getting stuck behind him" attitude etc.

I want the MOT done asap just so if i need to get bits i can. My Uncle works in the automotive industry with a lot of trade companys so he's going to try an get someone to do him a favour an get the jag repaired cheap! Which is fantastic!

The current alloys on it are ugly... XK8 alloys fit so i've got a few in ebay im looking at.. if they stay cheapish i might get some, The current alloys have almost new tyres on so should fetch half decent money if i go that route.

better get the dents out before i worry about alloys though!

Comment

bargain
                              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jaguar-20-allo...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                                I went crazy when i saw "20 alloys" an a £499 buy it now!! Thought 'brilliant.. there mine'

but im not too keen on the look.

Comment

Working...
                                X