Where to get rid of CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get rid of CD's

Due to getting ready for a move and the fact we now only ever use the on-line music streaming sites via our slim-devices server we want to "dispose of our CD's they are about 500 manly rock metal/dance and generic pop. I have heard you only get about 50p a CD nowdays BUT the question for all you clever peeps is from where??

I want them all to go as a job lot but the shops just want to cherry pick! I have photos showing all titles if anyone can advice me where to ask?

Thanks guys.
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

ebay

Comment

Sold a lot of ours at a car boot sale last year.

Comment

As a job lot, I'd only give you £100 tops (and you'd need to pay the postage!) As Vince said, car boot them, I'll give you ~10p each for what you have left.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If all else fails I will probably take the metal cds at a fair price!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            As a job lot, I'd only give you £100 tops (and you'd need to pay the postage!) As Vince said, car boot them, I'll give you ~10p each for what you have left.
            reminds me to go count up

Comment

ooh, remember to delete them from iTunes...

if you sell the CDs then technically, you can't keepm the music in any other format....

now, if you were to keep them, and you lost your files because your hard disk died, then you would not be able to re-load them, would you. oh. yes.

So, if you were to sell them, then do make sure you back up all your music!!

A colleague at work just had this happen and has been quoted over 500 quid to get his files back from his knackered hard drive.

he only got a couple of hundred quid for his CDs so hes not a happy bunny!!

anyway, what metal do you have, i'd be interested in seeing a list. I'd pay fair price too.
              If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
                If all else fails I will probably take the metal cds at a fair price!!!
                Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
                anyway, what metal do you have, i'd be interested in seeing a list. I'd pay fair price too.
                10-20p each for the lot, unseen, is a fair price!

Comment

10-20p each for the lot, unseen, is a fair price!
                  u have mail

Comment

somebody has mail not me??

if anyone wanted to made a serious offer for the lot, then pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
                      if you sell the CDs then technically, you can't keepm the music in any other format....

now, if you were to keep them, and you lost your files because your hard disk died, then you would not be able to re-load them, would you. oh. yes.

So, if you were to sell them, then do make sure you back up all your music!!

A colleague at work just had this happen and has been quoted over 500 quid to get his files back from his knackered hard drive.

he only got a couple of hundred quid for his CDs so hes not a happy bunny!!

Not really an issue in this case and I don't have an i-pod

Comment

Any luck shifting those cds?I am interested if the price is right for the lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post

if anyone wanted to made a serious offer for the lot, then pm me.
                          That is a serious offer! I never pay more than 20ppu for bulk CDs. Cherry picking them I'd pay up to 50ppu. But I reckon there'd only be 10% worth that.

Comment

Then I guess the offers I already have are good then.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                              Then I guess the offers I already have are good then.
                              Mine was first

But yep, if someone has offered more, take it! Remember I'd be looking to sell them on, I wasn't being cheeky with my offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X