Electric mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric mirror

Hello all i'm back and yes i still have my 3rd gen machine .

My driver's side mirror wont close properly, it opens just fine but when it comes to closing it just judders and you hear a clicking back and forth, the passenger side works fine though.
    Question is has the motor gone or is there another prob, also is the motor for it in the mirror itself as i was thinking of unscrewing it and seeing what's wrong, i do see a little black thing that is in the crease though

It's probably the plastic gear wheels, teeth slipping. Try spraying some WD40 in there and on the pivot point of the mirror using.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      It's probably the plastic gear wheels, teeth slipping. Try spraying some WD40 in there and on the pivot point of the mirror using.
      Would it be better to unscrew it off slightly and spray some inside?

Pivot point what's that lol

Just went outside and tried wd40 but it's still catching on what a presume is a cog looks like i am gonna have to take it off and have a look, there is some black foam which i presume is a seal on the join (piece that swings in and out of the arm) that looks like it's had it but till i take it off a wont know for sue as the 3 screws connecting the mirror to the arm are not gonna be easy to get off so may be better to take the 3 bolts that hold it onto the door
      Last edited by Retribution; 14 March 2009, 04:21.

Comment

Working...
      X