head gasket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gasket replacement

how difficult is it to replace a headgasket on the 3rd gen 3.0 ltr, theres one on ebay at the mo, not bothered about the length of time to do it, is there an on line manual to follow. the supra was a pain with respect to taking off the numourous pipes etc and getting them all back in the right place along with all the connectors.
    i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

is it just thr head gasket ???

could be a head
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      is it just thr head gasket ???

could be a head
      THIS IS WHAT HE REPLIED WITH...

Hello John.
      I've not had a mechanic look at the car or done any tests on it. Theres no leaks showing in the engine bay, but the oil filler cap has got signs of gunk around it and the expansion tank boils over. I,ve done a round trip of 80 miles in it before the temp starts to rise and fall above normal. Theres a lot of steam from the exhaust on idle. I hope this gives you a better idea about the overheating problem.

Comment

I would suspect the head. It seems not to really ever be just a head gasket on these,seems to always be the head...personally i would give it a miss
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          I would suspect the head. It seems not to really ever be just a head gasket on these,seems to always be the head...personally i would give it a miss
          OK THANKS

Comment

Working...
          X