Insurance and value of vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance and value of vehicle

My insurance has jumped up a fair bit although I have over 12 years No claims, only do about 7000 miles per annum and squeaky clean except for SP30 which is now over 3 years old.

What sort of value would you put on a VGC R reg 1997 3.0l auto with a genuine 80,000 miles (almost to the dot) on the clock. It has been regularly serviced and has a MOT for a year. Would you say £5500 is a realistic price?

If it is an "agreed value" insurance (e.g. they will give you the value that you have agreed your car is worth, should it go missing, get written off or get torched) then go for what you would want for the car should any of those things happen.

....if you are after the market value of the car, go through autotrader and the bay of fleas..

...but by my reckoning.....between £3k and £4.5k.

Comment

let's put it this way, £4k would be considered a high asking price for a standard early 3rd gen on here. There are plenty about at well under that. But equally there's plenty on forecourts around the country with higher asking prices.

Unless it's an agreed valuation it don't mean jot anyway. As you'll be paid out on the market value of the car at the time of the claim, not what you've told them it's worth. So you're better off keeping it lower than higher anyway.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Working...
      X