Bio Hazard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Hazard

Had new tyres fitting and tracking done today (no I'm not ready to ruin them on the plains yet, I've a holiday in may first). To do the tracking my tyre place likes to put her up on the ramp.

Now do you remember that bit where she was resting on her middle for a little while, going down that little hill, you know where you got me stuck the first time.
    Well it appears she might have been resting on the transmission bash plate, it's bent and twisted to buggery. When I service her (sometime in the next fortnight) I'll take it off and photograph it for you.
    I think it'll need replacing before the next outing!
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Theres a guy on another forum who makes low profile crossmembers for £80!!

If i was keeping the truck and getting it muddy i'd be over it like a rash!!

an i'd relocate the fuel tank. but thats mostly because it bugs the sh!t out of me hanging out the side!

Comment

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

an i'd relocate the fuel tank. but thats mostly because it bugs the sh!t out of me hanging out the side!
        I'd relocate it to the passenger side so it balances out my bulk and makes the truck sit ;level.

Then I'd have to make sure its fully fuelled though.

Ah sod it...
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If I had a tailgate mounted spare wheel, I would relocate the fuel tank under the rear floor. There's loads of room for a bigger tank under there.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            I'd relocate it to the passenger side so it balances out my bulk and makes the truck sit ;level.

Then I'd have to make sure its fully fuelled though.

Ah sod it...

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            If I had a tailgate mounted spare wheel, I would relocate the fuel tank under the rear floor. There's loads of room for a bigger tank under there.
            But thats where i put my head when i sit under it an say "Hey... look i lifted it so high i can sit under it!

I dont think you thought that through mate!

Comment

But thats where i put my head when i sit under it an say "Hey... look i lifted it so high i can sit under it!

I dont think you thought that through mate!
              Yeah I have, I just open the bonnet these days, no need to look underneath.

Comment

Pictures doesn't really show how mis-shapen it was, mainly because I had to straighten it a bit just to get to the bolts. I'll take it to work and see what they can do with it there.

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

ouch............ i may have one in the garrage if you want it
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

All I can say is it obviously did it's job as the transmission is undamged (althougth there is a slight rub mark where the bash plate touched the transmission).

I'm going to let one of the sheet metal workers at work loose on it, after all they did a good job on the numbber plate bash plate. But thanks for the offer, I'll just have to make sure I've dealt with it before the next time you try and wreck my truck
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                    X