Of mice and veg (oil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of mice and veg (oil)

Did an oil change at work this lunchtime. Looking for a container for the waste oil, I remembered I'd put a couple of empty 20 litre veg oil containers in a storage room. I found them, and one looked quite dirty as I'd left the cap off. Perfect!

I grabbed it and took it outside to where I'd put the can with the waste in. Looking into the container, there were two mice corpses! Lots of mice poo indicated they'd been in there for some time. The poor little bu99ers had probably smelt the dregs of oil and thought they'd climb in and investigate, then found they couldn't get out.

Of course, I buried them with dignity (under 3" of waste oil)

I can just imagine it...

"Hey, stop chewing that cable, come and see what I'VE found!"

Can imagine them in there...

"Oh... shit..."

or

"DONT YOU JUMP IN AS WELL!!! ... Oh... thats... just... great!"
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

My wife found a rat in her horses water bucket this morning. The horse must have stood there all night watching it swim round and round untill it stopped. Ahh well one less for my feral cats to play with.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Never had any mice in me 3 ltr Bottles I had in the Garage for a couple of years, but I did notice the other day they had chewed the $hit outta the tops too n they didn't clean up either...
      I think they maybe runnin on a Veg mix now !!

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mouses cost my son in law promotion at the coach builders! he caught three baby ones in his flat and not wanting to kill em took em to work in a box intending to release em in the field next to work, they got out and finally got in the telephone systen and caused 2 grands worth of damage, the silly fecker owned up to it as well, got a right b0ll0cking and no supervisors job!

i dumped two down the one-stop could'nt give a f##k attitude seven eleven shop! stuck em in a bit of waste pipe with the ends taped up and let em go in there, serves em right!! never a smile, thanks, kiss my arse, nothin, never went in there again
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i dumped two down the one-stop could'nt give a f##k attitude seven eleven shop! stuck em in a bit of waste pipe with the ends taped up and let em go in there, serves em right!! never a smile, thanks, kiss my arse, nothin, never went in there again[/QUOTE]

LMAO
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Hey Apache,

Reminds me of when I was a kid and our beloved hamster escaped. We could not find him anywhere, and we all looked - 4 brothers and my sister - nope - gone.

Then weeks later, my mother emptied a pot of wall paper paste (who knows why she had kept this ???) into the sink to get rid.

And who, very VERY large indeed, whould plop out into the sink - yup - Hammy.

Can you imagine his last little last gasps as he sunk into that paste?

I'm over it now, honest...............
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
              Hey Apache,

Reminds me of when I was a kid and our beloved hamster escaped. We could not find him anywhere, and we all looked - 4 brothers and my sister - nope - gone.

Then weeks later, my mother emptied a pot of wall paper paste (who knows why she had kept this ???) into the sink to get rid.

Goodbye cruel world

No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikethecamera View Post
                Goodbye cruel world

Very very good

Sink or swim?

Comment

I used to stash empty veg oil cans in my shed until I had a few and then take them to the tip. The mice always used to try to chew their way in through the plastic cap. They chewed my funnel to pieces too. I set some live traps in the end and over a period of a couple of weeks I caught 20 mice and 1 shrew (I think he'd heard about the mice parties). I used to open the shed door and it would all go quiet as the mice froze, ha ha. I got quite attached to their little antics and too soft to kill them with kill traps or poison, I kept having to release them in the fields out the back, far enough away I thought, but it was probably the same ones coming back all the time! In the end I just had to get rid of the containers as soon as I'd used them, cut off the "party juice" supply.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                    Hey Apache,

Hamsters are adorable little creatures - but...

that is feckin hilarious

Hey, aren't you supposed to be coming here for beer this month?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Hamsters are adorable little creatures - but...

that is feckin hilarious

Hey, aren't you supposed to be coming here for beer this month?
                      Yeah, been suffering with lags of Nags Head syndrome.

How about the end of the month coz next week Wales will be beating Ireland for the Triple Crown and Championship and destroy Irish hopes of their Gland Slam, Triple Crown and Championship!!!!!!!!

No pressure on that match then.............

I'll call you later.

Comment

I'm away up the 'pool this weekend Andy. Make it Sunday night.

Comment

Working...
                        X