Help Needed Fitting Rear Load Cover Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Fitting Rear Load Cover Brackets

Hi all. Just got the rear load cover brackets from Lord Lucan today ,cheers Terry, but haven't got a clue where they are supposed to be fitted (yes, I know, in the back of the truck, thank you).

The metal brackets etc were all included but I can't locate where they should go. I thought there may be pop out panels in the rear plastic panels but apparently not.

Does anyone have any instructions, measurements, or ideally photos, of where the metal and plastic brackets are supposed to go?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Hi Jim
    I can only reply , based on memory as my old 2.4 had it installed.
    The cover when fitted, was about 2" from the back of the rear seats. Why dont you extend it and see how far back it will go when other end is slotted at the tail gate.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

You'll need to remove both side panels mate.

Once there out you should see something. Probably a captive nut or similar. Once you have the metal pieces fitted in place you'll need to trim out the side panels an then more so to get the plastic parts to fit.

They actually sit inside the panel rather then on top of..

Comment

Cheers gents! A chance to use my new Dremmel at last then eh?

Comment

Sounds a right chew on this mate, bet you wished you hadn't bothered....

Got my truck back yesterday with the wheels all refurbished-looks the dogs B****cks now..

I will have to update the pic there.

kev

Comment

[QUOTE=Scorpion;537823]Hi all. Just got the rear load cover brackets from Lord Lucan today ,cheers Terry, but haven't got a clue where they are supposed to be fitted (yes, I know, in the back of the truck, thank you).

The metal brackets etc were all included but I can't locate where they should go. I thought there may be pop out panels in the rear plastic panels but apparently not.

Does anyone have any instructions, measurements, or ideally photos, of where the metal and plastic brackets are supposed to go?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
            ello, if you get stuck give me a shout and i will try and take some pics of were i took the brackets from
            JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by kevinturner100 View Post
              Got my truck back yesterday with the wheels all refurbished-looks the dogs B****cks now..

kev

Kev,

Any chance you could post some pics of the wheels ? I'm trying to convince the financial controller that HER Surf will look a million times better with the ratty wheels tarted up a bit but she can't see past the £££££'s !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by kevinturner100 View Post
                Sounds a right chew on this mate, bet you wished you hadn't bothered....

kev
                Nah, just a little Saturday morning job, Kev. I knew there was some work involved fitting the brackets, but a free load cover and £22 for parts convinced me to have a bash!

Get those wheel pics posted mate, then you can apply for membership of the exclusive 'Shiny Club'! (I was a founder member, but now that I get the truck dirty off roading I've had my membership revoked).

Comment

Hi, had a peep behind the side panels this morning but couldn't locate the mounting points for the brackets. It's too bluddy cold to be working outside today so didn't fully remove the panels. I'd still appreciate it if someone with brackets etc fitted could post up a few photos please, just so I can roughly get an idea of the area I should be looking at. The more detailed the better if possible please.

Thanks folks!

Comment

Working...
                  X