Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front towbar fitting?

Hi Guys
    Does anyone know of a way of fitting a towbar to the front of a Surf?
    I already have one on the back but sometimes its awkward for launching my jetski so would love to have one on the front for those awkward slips.
    Cheers
    Mazzer
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

I have also thought about this for boat launching. I think that you will have to manufacture something that will bolt to the recovery hook fixings in the front chassis legs. When I get around to it I'll make one and see how it goes.

Mike

Comment

a member has done this but i cant think who it was
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Let me know how that goes Mike.
        I saw a Dihatsu 4x4 at the weekend with a towbar atached to the
        A bar/Bullbar at the front and he was succesfully launching PWC's frontward.
        Thats what made me think.
        Only thing is, i didnt think that the A bar on Surfs would be strong enough?
        Any thoughts?
        [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mazzerman
          Hi Guys
          I already have one on the back but sometimes its awkward for launching my jetski so would love to have one on the front for those awkward slips.
          Cheers
          Mazzer
          have seen this on a lot of 4x4 when i launch my ski, have seen 1 on an izuzu trooper that was removible. all i think have had to get the welder out and fabricate a normal towbar to fit....
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

This is the thing that you need,and all you do is slot a tow ball in when required.

http://www.difflock.com/buyersguide/...receiver.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              a member has done this but i cant think who it was
              It was Hormygollop. He's got a front mounted receiver hitch.
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Receiver bar (Home Made).

Originally posted by mazzerman
                Hi Guys
                Cheers
                Mazzer
                Hi Mazzer
                If you have a look on the caravan threads in the basement you will see that I posted two pictures for Marky only last week. I have been trying to up load some pictures but it turns out that my smart card in my camera was not formated. I will sort some pictures for you tomorrow. Ill try to give you some dimentions as well.

Geoff.
                Last edited by rubblebags; 5 May 2004, 22:53.
                Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

The Receiver on difflock is exactly what I am making. You must be carefull if you are using the vehicle on the road with the device attached, Even more so if you remove the towball and cover as I believe that this is not going to be human friendly in the event of a collision. Make sure that the bracket doesnt protrude past the bumper when the ball is removed.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by rubblebags
                    Hi Mazzer
                    If you have a look on the caravan threads in the basement you will see that I posted two pictures for Marky only last week. I have been trying to up load some pictures but it turns out that my smart card in my camera was not formated. I will sort some pictures for you tomorrow. Ill try to give you some dimentions as well.

Geoff.
                    Hi Mazzer
                    Pics as promised. As mike said " this dose not protrude ".

Geoff.
                    Attached Files
                    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Thats exactly what i am after, where can i get one?
                      I want one i want one!!!!!!!
                      Thanks Geoff

Comment

Working...
                      X