Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering recall done and a freebie

finally got the recall done.
    It went in a few weeks ago ad didn't get doen as they decided they needed my V5 so I was surfless for 4 days and had to get my bro to take it in and pick it up for me. When I got there it was in 4wd and the roof lights had been switched on.

One poetically worded complaint to Toyota later... nothing.

One poetically worded complaint copied to the Director of Customer service (steve.settle@tgb.toyota.co.uk )and the managing director of Toyota UK (fonseca.miguel@tgb.toyota.co. uk)courtesy of a 1 minute google, the recall is now done. Still wasn't offered anything else until a bit more bleating on the phone and finally offered a free service and diff oil change for my wasted time. result!

Having said that, stay away from Jemca Toyota in Kingston, never dealt with a more hapless bunch of funwits in my life.

Got a few advisories including 'rear window broken' erm... yes I noticed that.

Main ones that seem worth worrying about are:

'both front wheel bearings need adjusting' Can they be adjusted? I didn't think so. If not is it just a case of getting new ones fitted?

'Panard rod bolt loose' Surely would have been as quick to tighten it as write it down.

The front bearings can be adjusted, 10 minute job.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Even for a (slowly reforming) self confessed mechanical numpty?

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
        Even for a (slowly reforming) self confessed mechanical numpty?
        Yep, 20 minutes though. I'm sure there's a step-by-step on here somewhere.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thankin' ya kindly I'll have a search and maybe have a go tomorrow.

Comment

hi all i have a 2.4 93/k reg whats wrong with the steering should i notice anything will the wheels fall off should i phone toyota advice needed.

Comment

Yes, the wheels WILL fall off...

Try here as there's about a million posts about the recall.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ok thanks ill give them a bell tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                X