I've just been stung by HMRC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just been stung by HMRC!

I ordered two oxygen sensors for Lexurf last week from the U.S.A. small parcel, just slightly larger than the letterbox and the ba****ds charged me 25 quid vat/duty.
    It still works out around 70 quid cheaper than buying them from over here though, but still, ba***ds eh?!.

So how come I had a huge box delivered full of transmission fluid,(20 X 1litre bottles) oil filter relocation kit and a 16" electric cooling fan last year and didn't get charged any extra?????

There a law unto themselves mate, make it up as they go along, i got hammered for those two models fom the states, feckers!!!
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

What makes it even more annoying is that they cleared UK customs at 06:33 am on monday morning and have only just got here this morning!!
      Do Parcelforce still use pigeons then?

Comment

Vince I used to do a bit of trading. I had 30 to 40 boxes sent from the States over 2yr period. I only got charges on one in all that time.
        I was told they pull packages at random and run checks. How true this is I can't say but my experiance makes me sure there some merit in it.
        You may have just been unlucky this time.

Knowing our Gov your address will now be flagged for all deliveries the greedy B
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          What makes it even more annoying is that they cleared UK customs at 06:33 am on monday morning and have only just got here this morning!!
          Do Parcelforce still use pigeons then?
          If things are still the same as when I worked for them, after clearing customs your parcel will have been sorted to your nearest parcel office. It will have gone into the back of an artic trailer.It could be up to 24hrs before that leaves for your depot. From there it is sorted again to your Local Delivery Office where it is sorted yet again and then delivered. Its all a matter of luck. If you drop right there is no delay as you have hit all the connections as the vehicles run to a schedule. If you,re unlcky and miss then its probably 24hrs delay at each point.
          Carrier pigeon would be quicker
          I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Working...
          X