trailer test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer test

asked about the trailer test (if you passed before 2000 ya dont need it)
    its 600 quid
    eh
    how can it be soooo much
    any one done this test and is it realy 600 quid?
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

no, it's £105...

just go for your C1+E then you can drive a van over 3.5t and trailer

you'll bet the B+E automatically with that
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I'll check with our training company for you on monday, I don't think Balfour Beatty pay that much !,L&t at Hemsworth definitely don't charge that much we use the and Utility training network over at Wakefield

I will make some enquiries for you !
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...les/DG_4022564

Comment

cheers lads
          i thought i could smell something when the guy was saying how it cost 600 quid

Comment

After 20 years of motorbikes, the wife, kids and dogs cornered me, and forced me to take my car test in 2002.
            Now, can i stick a small trailer on 't surf, and take my bike with me come hols?

Or do i just go on my own on the bike? (i didn't say that).

Comment

As long you can comply to this, you can tow a small trailer....

Motor vehicles with a MAM not exceeding 3500kg having not more than eight passenger seats with a trailer up to 750kg. Combinations of towing vehicles in category B and a trailer, where the MAM of the combination does not exceed 3500kg and the MAM of the trailer does not exceed the unladen mass of the towing vehicle
              ironically, this law is hard to comply with with a big 4x4, it favours smaller cars giving you more room to playwith on trailer weight. Which is crazy, but this is the government we are talking about
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony. Had to get the wife to translate, cos all i can see is;

bolikscrapbolikscrapbolikscrap 9093470bolikscrapbolikscrapbol ikscrapTRAILERbolikscrapboliks crapbolikscrap

Bring back simple yae or nae i say.
                Tony for primeminister. First job - get rid of the waffle.

Comment

I didnt know u had to have a trailer license ?

I drove All the way to scotland to collect a car last year in my astravan, I got a tow bar fitted to the van, collected a MASSSSSIVE old skool trailer off some old farmer that looked like he had made it himself (out of solid RSJ's haha) then strapped a car to it and toddled all the way home

I didnt know u had to have a licence, i only passed my car one a couple of years ago too ?

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
                    I didnt know u had to have a trailer license ?

I drove All the way to scotland to collect a car last year in my astravan, I got a tow bar fitted to the van, collected a MASSSSSIVE old skool trailer off some old farmer that looked like he had made it himself (out of solid RSJ's haha) then strapped a car to it and toddled all the way home

I didnt know u had to have a lisence, i only passed my car one a couple of years ago too ?
                    Ooooo! You've joined the special "I just admitted a crime on the Forum" club

I didn't know there was a separite test either. Although, from what Tony said, it seems you can pull a pretty big trailer without penalty?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have just been looking now at weights and figures and that, and it seems the trailor combined with the load was slightly higher than vans (Gross Train Weight) Think thats the braking capacity for the van of the whole lot, van/trailor/load ...

When did they invent this law, and how was i supposed to know ? i cud of got in sh** for that ?

Comment

The law changed in 1997 but was not made clear as to the usual dvla standards this fantastic law states that a trailer can only be used if you passed your full driving test before 97 after this date you have to have further training
                        this has caused a series of major discusions and arguments at work as most of the staff passed after 97
                        according to ROSPA it is not permitted to tow a trialer after 97 unless you take a test
                        SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Antony_James View Post
                          I have just been looking now at weights and figures and that, and it seems the trailor combined with the load was slightly higher than vans (Gross Train Weight) Think thats the braking capacity for the van of the whole lot, van/trailor/load ...

When did they invent this law, and how was i supposed to know ? i cud of got in sh** for that ?
                          Over 750kg load you need a twin axle fully braked trailer. {that's anything zuki sj size and above}
                          Last edited by yoshie; 7 March 2009, 22:44.
                          Brian

Comment

i'm glad i did my test in 1995.I would be in deep shit now cause i pull near enough 3t with my truck.
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i put a full pallet of concrete blocks in the surf 6'' 7 nuwton blocks
                              drove loverly
                              need a trailer but have to take the test
                              Last edited by JUDWAK; 7 March 2009, 22:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X