Lighting electrical advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting electrical advise

I fitted HiDs last year, but due to the negative switching although main beam worked on the HiDs the symbol on the dash didn't light. As a temporary messure at the time I put a normal bulb in the spare holder (HiD only required the fead from one of the sockets), now over a year later I accidentaly shut my bonnet on said bulb breaking it and really think that maybe I should do a proper fix. So I thought I'd invite redicule, jokes, comments about my speed of doing jobs on the truck, and if I'm very lucky some advise.

Now the simplest of solutions I can think of is wiring a small bulb into the circuit, and fitting it where I won't hit it with the bonnet.

Alternatively I suppose I could use a resister that could fool the car into thinking there was a bulb there, without blowing the fuse.

An ideas welcome, even sensible ones.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Have a look see what 4crawler does with his wiring looms, maybe find something useful.
    Last edited by Albannach; 6 March 2009, 15:55. Reason: Edited the link
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Would you believe it that web address has been blocked by works firewall, sometimes I do wonder how they choose which sites to block.

Ho Hum, it will have to wait until I get home.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
      X