• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pmt?

Comment

is that like a lamb thing but with a tail

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
        mmmmmmm a lamb is produced for meat most dogs are sold as pets see where im going here if a dog is sold for hunting or as a working dog then cut its tail off but if its sold as a pet then don't .but if your saying all working breeds should be docked just in case they are worked then perhaps you should stop selling them as pets .mind you that would pi55 of a lot of breeders would nt it ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££
        All working breeds that are eligible, sold as working dogs (which has to be proven to a vet) can be docked. Those that are sold as pets cant be docked is what I am saying and the law states.
        I don't sell dogs as pets but then again I don't own dogs that need docking.
        I fail to see why it would pi55 breeders off either way as working dogs are usually less expensive to buy. The only way to pi55 breeders off is to stop buying dogs from them.
        Just as an afterthought you obviously think most breeders breed for the ££££££££££££, puppy farmers do it for £££££££££ not breeders. Just trying to put the record straight as you and most of the public think this way. Then again you and the public are entitled to their opinion
        even if it is based on what little knowledge they may have on the subject.
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

so you agree that pets should'nt be docked and that dogs that are bought for working should be docked so pmt or not we both agree with each other then

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
            All working breeds that are eligible, sold as working dogs (which has to be proven to a vet) can be docked. Those that are sold as pets cant be docked is what I am saying and the law states.
            I don't sell dogs as pets but then again I don't own dogs that need docking.
            I fail to see why it would pi55 breeders off either way as working dogs are usually less expensive to buy. The only way to pi55 breeders off is to stop buying dogs from them.
            Just as an afterthought you obviously think most breeders breed for the ££££££££££££, puppy farmers do it for £££££££££ not breeders. Just trying to put the record straight as you and most of the public think this way. Then again you and the public are entitled to their opinion
            even if it is based on what little knowledge they may have on the subject.
            I have a Jack Russel with a docked tail and yes he works , i would not buy a working terrier without a docked tail as i have seen some disturbing injuries caused to some dogs with undocked tails whilst working. My local vet will dock the tails of working breed dogs only and proof must be shown that the dog is going to be worked. I do not agree with dogs going under the knife so to speak purely for cosmetic reasons as alot of show dogs are. And i agree that puppy farms are purely financial where as breeders do generally have an interest in their chosen dogs and the financial side is secondry

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
              so you agree that pets should'nt be docked and that dogs that are bought for working should be docked so pmt or not we both agree with each other then
              Correct! I never actually disagreed with you. I just stated the facts of the matter, as you thought it was illegal for vets to dock tails which was wrong.
              Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
                Correct! I never actually disagreed with you. I just stated the facts of the matter, as you thought it was illegal for vets to dock tails which was wrong.
                You've ruined it now, he'll have to go and bitch at someone elses thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  You've ruined it now, he'll have to go and bitch at someone elses thread.
                  Sorry
                  Trust your Hound.

Comment

Working...
                  X