X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crufts.

Crufts is not on the BBC this year but you can see it here>
    http://www.cruftslive.tv/

We will be there on Sunday. Working dog day to see the Rotties.
    Live the dream.......

about time they stopped breeding man made dogs most would nt look as they do if it wasn't for the kennel club and when they go as far as cutting tails off well what can i say
    Last edited by steve s; 5 March 2009, 19:10.

Comment

Woof woof...........
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
        and when they go as far as cutting tails off well what can i say
        Docking tails is illegal nowadays, is it not?

Comment

about time they stopped breeding man made dogs most would nt look as they do if it wasn't for the kennel club and when they go as far as cutting tails off well what can i say
          I like my stumpy tail, It helps me lick my bum easily.
          Attached Files

Comment

well i bought our jack Russel about 2 years ago and the guy i got her from SNIPED of the tails at 2days old so we had to pick her there and then it seems that the macho hunters prefere tail less terriers . i think its only illegal for a vet to do it .

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I like my stumpy tail, It helps me lick my bum easily.
              if only your dog could talk and it wasn't just a voice in your head

Comment

Whats my dog got to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Whats my dog got to do with it?
                  Now that's humour!
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

well i bought our jack Russel about 2 years ago and the guy i got her from SNIPED of the tails at 2days old so we had to pick her there and then it seems that the macho hunters prefere tail less terriers . i think its only illegal for a vet to do it .
                    It is illegal to do it yourself A vet can dock tails legally. Finding one to do it is a different matter.
                    The docking of dogs’ tails has been banned in England since 6 April 2007.

There are exemptions from the ban for certain types of working dog, or where docking is performed for medical treatment.

There is also a ban on the showing of dogs docked after this date at events where members of the public have paid an entrance fee. This ban does not apply where a dog is shown only for the purpose of demonstrating its working ability.

The exemption allows certain types of working dog to have their tails docked by a veterinary surgeon. The dog has to be no more than 5 days old and the veterinary surgeon must certify that he or she has seen evidence that the dog is likely to work in one of the specified areas.

Owners and keepers wishing to have a working dog’s tail docked must ensure that this is undertaken in accordance with the law.

To access the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and The Docking of Working Dogs’ Tails (England) Regulations 2007
                    Last edited by Taliesins; 5 March 2009, 21:24.
                    Trust your Hound.

Comment

someone said to us it was great to see a terrier with a tail and added that removing a dogs tail was like removing its smile i think she was right our dogs tail is long her brothers is a very short stump i cant see any reason to prefer the stump

Comment

someone said to us it was great to see a terrier with a tail and added that removing a dogs tail was like removing its smile i think she was right our dogs tail is long her brothers is a very short stump i cant see any reason to prefer the stump
                        Tails arent usually docked for looks, but to help the dog do the job it was bred for. When you have seen an undocked tail covered in cuts and abrasions which can lead to infection you would know why they are docked. Obviously yours is not a working terrier but a pet so fair enough it doesnt need docking.
                        Trust your Hound.

Comment

just about all the terriers and all the other docked dogs are pets i bet its a very very small minority of dogs that are worked so that means just because its a breed that some work then its ok to dock the lot that's not a good enough reason to chop bits off

Comment

just about all the terriers and all the other docked dogs are pets i bet its a very very small minority of dogs that are worked so that means just because its a breed that some work then its ok to dock the lot that's not a good enough reason to chop bits off
                            Only actual working dogs are allowed to be docked. As for the statement you make about terriers and docked breeds are pets, tell that to a farmer or shooting man or indeed anyone who actually uses their chosen breed for the purpose they are bred for. Maybe you should go further and tell sheep farmers to stop docking their lambs (or did you think they were born like that).
                            Trust your Hound.

Comment

mmmmmmm a lamb is produced for meat most dogs are sold as pets see where im going here if a dog is sold for hunting or as a working dog then cut its tail off but if its sold as a pet then don't .but if your saying all working breeds should be docked just in case they are worked then perhaps you should stop selling them as pets .mind you that would pi55 of a lot of breeders would nt it ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££

Comment

Working...
                              X