Hi Lift Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lift Jacks

Are there any mounting points on the surf that you could use a Hi lift jack on .....whithout trashing the body work?

Cheers
    Mark

You would need to fit sliders from the chassis or mod the bumpers.
    Brian

Comment

Unlike some vehicles there are no specfic built in jacking points on the Surf. Most people will jack on the rear axle casing or under the front wishbones or frame rails, so you are best using a jack that has some sort of "cup" on the top to locate on the appropriate points, for safety's sake. And always use axle stands as well once it's jacked up.
      Mike G

Comment

You can buy a jack mate that lifts from the wheel itself. Its what I use my hi-lift on and it does work but not perfectly. Although it seems odd its great for changing a wheel as you can lift it quickly, stick an axle stand underneath, remove the jack and change the wheel. Good for lifted trucks too that are too high for standard jacks.

Bear in mind if it slips off the axle stand when you have no wheel on there is no way of raising the surf again without a normal jack

also I treat my Hi-Lift as if its trying to kill me at all times which seems to be the only healthy way to use them.

I did get a locating point fitted as part of my winch tray but as its central its not much use for much other than breaking the suction when stuck in really deep mud.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          You would need to fit sliders from the chassis or mod the bumpers.
          Had that feeling,thanks

Originally posted by Tallyman View Post
          safety's sake. And always use axle stands as well once it's jacked up.
          Thanks for that, I always use stands and paranoia makes me chock it up with blocks as well....you only get to drop a truck on yourself once!!

Originally posted by biosurf View Post

also I treat my Hi-Lift as if its trying to kill me at all times which seems to be the only healthy way to use them.
          I use them at work for awkward jobs and have a healthy respect for them...no end of times they slip or twist out if the load moves unexpectedly!!

Comment

Hi
            Had some jacking points fabricated and then welded onto my ARB bumper and rear crossmember for the trailer hitch. Make life a pleaseure:

http://www.elphick-pooley.co.uk/htm/....htm#jackpoint
            @africa4x4cafe
            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=13

4 inches too long as for a 1st gen
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell View Post
                Are there any mounting points on the surf that you could use a Hi lift jack on .....whithout trashing the body work?

Cheers
                Mark
                No. You would have to fit aftermarket bumpers, rock-sliders or some form of chassis extension. Apart from that wheel-bracket accessory already mentioned.
                chris

oh, and your tow bar if it`s flat or with a hitch accessory.
                Last edited by chrisinflight; 8 March 2009, 23:39.