where can i go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i go?

now i have another surf i can finally get into some green laning as well as P&P days.
    but where do i start?
    never been to keene by going by what a O/S map says as they are usually wrong or out-dated. (so i hear?)
    im in the north surrey area near places like epsom, sutton, reigate. does anybody know of any decent lanes round my area or how i go about findind them? aswell as finding good P&P places to go.
    basically im J8 M25.
    any onfo would be great.
    cheers, Jay

There's always loads of P&P sites advertised in the offroad mags such as TOR, or the generic Landrover mags.

As far as greenlaning, best to hook up with other more experienced folk in your locality rather than going alone. Wayfinder is a reasonable site for up to date info on what lanes are open etc, though I think it's changed its name now.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

kingsley cross country in kingsley near bordon. don't know where in surrey you are but if you're farnham/guildford way then this is fairly close. never been there so cant give you any more details than that.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        There's always loads of P&P sites advertised in the offroad mags such as TOR, or the generic Landrover mags.

cheers for that mate. good idea. never thought of that.

As far as greenlaning, best to hook up with other more experienced folk in your locality rather than going alone. Wayfinder is a reasonable site for up to date info on what lanes are open etc, though I think it's changed its name now.
        yeah i think its now called Wayfarer? do you have to pay for these sites or are they free?

and i wont be going alone. maybe just my surf but will at least have a mate with me.

Logey is Kingsley a P&P place i take it?
        and im only 15 mins down the M25 from the guildford exit so not far.
        Bordon? thats near that army base that was in disscusion on here the other day.
        forgot the name?

and cheers for the info guys.

Comment

You could always go jump off a bridge!

Comment

i jumped out a plane once on my own. much more fun than bridges.

so do you know any good bridges then smart ar$e!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
              i jumped out a plane once on my own. much more fun than bridges.

so do you know any good bridges then smart ar$e!
              Itchen bridge near me...

Theres a pay an play site here called muddy bottom (thats going to fire up the gay jokes again aint it... ) that gets a decent review..theres also the shire land rover club that hire a place 5 minutes down the road aswell.

but thats only any good if you fancy a trek to Romsey!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                Itchen bridge near me...

Theres a pay an play site here called muddy bottom i was thinking this before i even read the bit in brackets!! haha (thats going to fire up the gay jokes again aint it... ) that gets a decent review..theres also the shire land rover club that hire a place 5 minutes down the road aswell.

but thats only any good if you fancy a trek to Romsey!
                and no, i dont want to go anyhere near your muddy bottom! PERVERT!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                  Bordon? thats near that army base that was in disscusion on here the other day.
                  forgot the name?
                  That's Slab Common I believe.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thats the one!
                    shame the army hog it
                    fingeres crossed for world peace. that way Slab Common will be ours!! muahahaha

Comment

if you're at j.8 of the M25 i would imagine your nearest pay and plays are going to be Piccadilly wood at Bolney, never been it didn't get good reports when it first opened about 18 months ago which put me off, but i know people who have been more recently, who have said it's improved but still a very tough course in places.

Or woodlands which is great, and about 10 minutes off the m26 at wrotham.

Moving a little further afield, you've also got the two remaining john morgan sites not too far away - Slindon and boxgrove i think are the remaining ones. And the bordon sites when clubs hire them out for club days, hogmoor and slab common, I think there's a 3rd site in the same area too. Keep an eye on the thames valley 4x4 and ShireLROC.

And the bonus question for anyone that can answer it - What's the place where the video from Danno's old website was filmed called?
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Was it Harbourhill copse?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Was it Harbourhill copse?
                          nope, well that doesn't sound right anyway, i asked coz i can't remember and couldn't be arsed to look it up.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Aldermaston?

Comment

nope
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...