It failed its MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It failed its MOT

Took the motor in for its MOT today, did all the usual checks yesterday as normal lights, wipers and so on. Didn't give it another thought as it has been running really well over the last 11 months apart from one wheel bearing replacement.

Called the garage to see if it was ready to collect and they said NO it is dangerous to drive at moment. Apparently the off side front spring has fractured and the nearside arb linkage has snapped

Eventually convinced them i was taking it home as i was in the office in Corby for the day. Got to take it back on Thursday to get it sorted and re-tested.

Looks like the wifes motor will be getting a good run out for the next couple of days

Worst of all, in my 30+ years of owning motorised transport of one sort or another, this is the 1st MOT failure i've ever had

how does one get on at an MOT if there are no ARBs?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

You have front springs ? I thought a '93 3.0 was a 2nd gen with torsion bars ?

Rob.

Comment

I'm going to ask the silly question now ?

We are talking about the Growler aren't we ? if not which vehicle Growler ?
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No problem at MOT if the ARBs are off. How they found a broken front spring on Growler is a mystery. Maybe they noticed it wasn't there but didn't notice that the other wasn't either.....

Comment

gutted for you matey..

30yrs is good going mind, kinda jinxin yoursel there..lol

Is it the torsion bar thats snapped..?? Or rear spring..??

Comment

30 years ago I was 8
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                I'm going to ask the silly question now ?

We are talking about the Growler aren't we ? if not which vehicle Growler ?
                Oop's forgot to say it was the Clio, dam things only done 70,000 miles as well

Surf is already laid up and semi-dismantled for front end repairs/overhaul.
                Last edited by Growler; 3 March 2009, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                  gutted for you matey..

30yrs is good going mind, kinda jinxin yoursel there..lol

Is it the torsion bar thats snapped..?? Or rear spring..??

Looks like this is the year I break all my cars. This is just going to delay the repairs on the surf a bit longer unless the wheels and tyres sell this time round. On the positive side I should get the surf straight through it's MOT when it gets done.

Comment

That's a real shame mate - not something you'd expect to have to look for really on a 70,000 mile light, road car...

I'd come up and give you a hand but still not allowed to drive for a few days....give me a call if there is anything I can help with from down here though...I'll look out for Clio springs...
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

[QUOTE=MudSurfer;535701]That's a real shame mate - not something you'd expect to have to look for really on a 70,000 mile light, road car... I had had a quick look underneath but nothing stood out and it was still driving well at the time i took it in. Think the ARB went on the way to work as something solid bounced of the underside of the floor and went rolling out the back of the car. thought I'd just hit a large stone in road

I'd come up and give you a hand but still not allowed to drive for a few days....give me a call if there is anything I can help with from down here though...I'll look out for Clio springs...Cheers Andy Parts all sorted and garage is going to drop them on on Thursday before the re-rest, that way I won't have to fork out for another full test if I do it here and take it back. Also means I can devote my spare time to sorting the surf [/QUOTE

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        30 years ago I was 8
                        im 26 so 30 years ago i wasnt even born!!

just a clever idea that was about to happen

im nothing special now but 30 years ago i was 1 in a million!

Comment

All sorted today so street legal again for the next 12.5 months

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                            im 26 so 30 years ago i wasnt even born!!

just a clever idea that was about to happen

im nothing special now but 30 years ago i was 1 in a million!

[turns clock back 31 years
                            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X