31 v 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post

I've got about 10k miles on my BFGs, no noticeable wear. However, I did have a proper full realignment done on the front after fitting the BJ spacers.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Best tyres ever! No way am I risking ruining them
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you are purley after off road/mud plugging ability then spend the money on 31" mud tyres and a rear locker {ARB} and forget the lift.

If you like the look and want better off road ability the lift and fit 33s.

I've driven surfs in various mods offroad and i dont mean a dirty tesco carpark.
        They are great motors try one standard and be surprised. {take the fog light and steps off}
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Best tyres ever! No way am I risking ruining them

They are arn't they, well worth the extra £.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie;535673]If you are purley after off road/mud plugging ability then spend the money on 31" mud tyres and a rear locker {ARB} and forget the lift.

If you like the look and want better off road ability the lift and fit 33s.

Hmm, i would disagree on the 31" tyres, mind when i ran them on my first outing at the clog in death valley and I ended up stuck cos i bottomed out where u guys went over, Then Alan got majorly stuck, LOL, O what fun that was. Seen loads o folk wi 31" getting stuck in the easy stuff. (not saying 33" wont get stuck)All depends how exteme u want to go. I totally agree withe the ARB Locker though

Comment

I've only been out a few times since fitting my 33's. the main difference I noticed wasn't so much that I didn't get stuck (always did fine on 31 A/T tyres and got everywhere those with larger and more aggressive tyres did) but rather that it was more enjoyable. reason for this was that in the past I would often find that on heavily rutted sections I would spend a lot of time with the diffs and everything else dragging along on the high surface between,

I particularly rememebr a day out with the FWDC last year that was very, very dry and spent the day wearing a slight grimace as I listened to the scraping and worried about tearing something off. On the other hand, on the same day the one person who got well and truly screwed was the one with 35's and a massive lift as his mud tyres did exactly what they were meant to ad gained lots of traction on the walls of the ruts which as they were dry and solid like concrete served to get him so stuck that in trying to free himself he knacked his clutch and tracking.

Last few times I've been out having those extra few inches have meant I'm not scraping along the tops of the ruts and have enjoyed the experience a lot more.

In terms of doing the lift for looks I love it and feel it gives the truck that certain Je ne sais quois that makes it look, like, well pimp innit and makes you the envy of small children if nothing else.

As to those of you mentioning how much it all costs to lift. Shhhhh!!!! I did it over time and have been trying not to think of the total cost, please stop enlightening me

Comment

ok everyone well to date im extremely impressed with my surf (standard with general grabbers ) i was told by joker i think on the rtts last year that if your truck does what you wont it to do keep it as it is and as its my daley drive it seems like good and affordable advice but i can see that as i get more and more adventures and funds allow mods will happen .look out this thread will rear its ugly head again

Comment

forget the thread Steve and get one mighty big lift and some big tyres like me and Phantom....
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by storm force View Post
                    forget the thread Steve and get one mighty big lift and some big tyres like me and Phantom....
                    ok m8 will start this sat thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                    X