31 v 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 v 33

if i fit 33ins tyres i will lift my rear diff 1 inch higher off the ground than it is atm so wot do i gain and with the 2inch suspension lift my gearbox will be 3 ins higher will an extra 3ins make that much difference considering the expense . yes i think surfs look great lifted but are there real benefits off road

Originally posted by steve s View Post
    if i fit 33ins tyres i will lift my rear diff 1 inch higher off the ground than it is atm so wot do i gain and with the 2inch suspension lift my gearbox will be 3 ins higher will an extra 3ins make that much difference considering the expense . yes i think surfs look great lifted but are there real benefits off road
    steve, you will nedd aminimum of 4" inches lift to get 33's on there, without them hitting

2" inch sus and 2" inch body
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

ok but to lift the body you dont lift lets say the gearbox any higher so the ground clearance is only 3ins will 3ins give you a much better off roader for all the money spent to gain that 3ins

Comment

Regardless of how you do it, you will need 4" inches or you will sustain damage when of road.I think the problem is that the lifts dont really come in inch increments. The popular way of getting enough height seems to be landcruiser springs, and 2" inch ball joint spacers,coupled with a body lift.
        As for is it worth it.....the extra few inches you get can make all the difference
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

ok i think im putting this wrong on the one hand you have a standard surf (mine) and lets say the gearbox is 12 ins off the ground (lets say the gearbox is the lowest point) then we have a lifted surf (yours) its got 33 tyres (that gives your surf 1ins lift over mine ) and a 2ins sus lift (so you can fit the bigger tyres)so 1ins lift (from the tyres and 2ins lift from the sun that must mean that your gearbox is 3ins higher off the ground than mine will your surf be that much better off road than mine.

Comment

If u look at it this way, say its not mud your in, but a river with big big rocks, an extra cm would make all the diference, get the lift done and fit 33"s, I ran with 31"s on for a while till a got ma lift and always got stuck, and i can tell the difference now. Just get it done.

Comment

ok i think im putting this wrong on the one hand you have a standard surf (mine) and lets say the gearbox is 12 ins off the ground (lets say the gearbox is the lowest point) then we have a lifted surf (yours) its got 33 tyres (that gives your surf 1ins lift over mine ) and a 2ins sus lift (so you can fit the bigger tyres)so 1ins lift (from the tyres and 2ins lift from the sun that must mean that your gearbox is 3ins higher off the ground than mine will your surf be that much better off road than mine.
              Ur saying Gearbox, take it from ur diffs, Yes ur gearbox will be lifted, but with wee tyres ur diffs will still get stuck in sheehite, so bigger tyres is the way to go

Comment

yes mate all of the above.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

used to run on 31's no prob went where the boys on 33's went ,choice of tyres !!!!
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Fit 38" tyres, sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                      used to run on 31's no prob went where the boys on 33's went ,choice of tyres !!!!
                      Ever been to Drumclog?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                        Ever been to Drumclog?????????
                        no but drumclog is not the only place to have mud

Comment

no but drumclog is not the only place to have mud
                          My back garden has mud in it!!!! 33"ers make the difference at Clog is all im saying

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
                            My back garden has mud in it!!!! 33"ers make the difference at Clog is all im saying
                            well thats fine then as he lives in kent

btw so does my garden and i aint been stuck in that either

Comment

well thats fine then as he lives in kent

btw so does my garden and i aint been stuck in that either
                              Think ad need 35's for my garden the way it is the now

Comment

Working...
                              X