Clunky Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunky Jack

What is supposed to secure the jack in its wee cubby hole? Mine rattles about and is becoming annoying!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

I don't think anything does, but in saying that could you not wind the jack out to grip in the hole ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

when stored away properly, which by the way is a mystery to me, the little door secures it in place
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
        I don't think anything does, but in saying that could you not wind the jack out to grip in the hole ?
        spot on that man i always thought that was how it was meant to be secured anyway.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
          Tried that, but I can't get it to stay in place, it keps springing out.

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          when stored away properly, which by the way is a mystery to me, the little door secures it in place
          Really? HTF does it do that? I've tried the jack in all ways, can't get it to stop rattling. It's ok just now, but that's because it's lying on the back seat!

Comment

from one biker to another; i find bungee straps hold most things down.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Tried that, but I can't get it to stay in place, it keps springing out.

Really? HTF does it do that? I've tried the jack in all ways, can't get it to stop rattling. It's ok just now, but that's because it's lying on the back seat!
              lay it in its hole and wind him up, tell him he is really english
              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Try cutting a square of foam and putting it on top of the jack before fitting the cover ?

Rob.

Comment

Mines still snuggly fitted in it's rightful place ....
                  So waddya doing removing it Andy ??

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Winding it out, as mentioned above. Are you sure you've seated it in the correct position, if it's still ratlling about?

Comment

I think I've figured out what's wrong. Should there be a loose swivel on the top of the jack? If so, Mine is missing.

Comment

When mine was rattling I gave it a squirt of hairspray and it's held ever since .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                        X