Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Features

All.

You can now log in to the forum from the main homepage at http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk. It will also welcome you if you have not logged off from the forum.

What does this mean.

1. Not much at the moment except for an extra feature in the members rigs section.
    2. It will mean going forward that the website is becoming more tightly integrated with the forum and vice versa.

The members rigs section now allows registered members of the forums to add their own rigs or edit ones that are already listed under their name - you can only edit your own rig and if you add one that doesn't exist then you MUST use the forum logon name as the name for the rig. If not then you won't be able to edit it. You will see two new buttons at the top of all the rigs sections (Show all, Selected and by category) allowing you to edit your rig or add a new one.
    If you are not logged in you will see a login box. If you put in your login details and press the login button it will log you in and bring you back to the same page but logged in this time with the buttons visible.

I will be opening up the files section soon so that you can upload your own tech writeups as well.

Have fun

Nigel & Andy
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Just to add to this.

If you all want to have a look at the members rigs section and identify your own rigs and if the user name doesn't match your log on ID then PM me or Nigel and we can change them so that you will be able to edit them if you want to add any extra details.

Cheers

Comment

You can now use BB codes in the description text in the Members Rigs section.

If you don't know about BB codes then look in the forum FAQ (the one along the top menu bar) and search for BBCode.

This allows you to change colours, make unordered lists, underline, bold etc.

For any ones up their I have converted from the old HTML codes which are now not supported, to the new BBcodes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        You can now use BB codes in the description text in the Members Rigs section.

If you don't know about BB codes then look in the forum FAQ (the one along the top menu bar) and search for BBCode.

This allows you to change colours, make unordered lists, underline, bold etc.

For any ones up their I have converted from the old HTML codes which are now not supported, to the new BBcodes.

Cheers

when i go to the homepage it asks me to log in, can,t remember my password, but no longer seem to get, request a new password, message, any help would be appreciated guys.
        probs. me

ship
        Last edited by ship; 6 May 2004, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ship
          when i go to the homepage it asks me to log in, can,t remember my password, but no longer seem to get, request a new password, message, any help would be appreciated guys.
          probs. me

ship
          No request password on the web site just on here, delete your cookies, you'll find it then

If you click on the header/banner/pics at the top of the forum it should take you to the web site and log you in and say hi ship where you been dude or words to that effect, I think
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            No request password on the web site just on here, delete your cookies, you'll find it then

If you click on the header/banner/pics at the top of the forum it should take you to the web site and log you in and say hi ship where you been dude or words to that effect, I think
            cheers nigel, i,ll try that.
            ship

Comment

OK I have now enable user uploading on the filestore section of the website. If you are logged in you will be able to select Admin which will list any files you have uploaded and give you the option to edit or delete. You can also add new files. Please use files that most people will be able to read - jpg pictures, excel files, word documents or pdf files.

If you are not logged in you will not be able to add or edit files. You will be given the option to log in (this log in box logs you in on the website and the forum at the same time and is your normal forum login name and password).

You will also only be able to see your own uploaded files for editing, you cannot perform administration on anyone elses uploaded files.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Koi

You also only get a request password message if you try to log in incorrectly. That does work when logging on from the website - it uses the same page as the forum.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  You also only get a request password message if you try to log in incorrectly. That does work when logging on from the website - it uses the same page as the forum.

Cheers
                  OK You now have the capability of logging on to the site and Forum from any of the pages of the website. If you are logged in you have the ability to upload or edit your members rig entry and also upload, edit and manage files (only your own uploaded ones).

You all now need to revert to the www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums address for the forum and the http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk address for the website however you can get to the forum from the website by clicking the forum button and the website from the forum by clicking the banner picture.

You may need to reset your cookies to clear any old cookies from the www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/public/forums address.

I have also completed full integration of the gallery software so that you are automatically logged in to it with your forum id and password. If there are any problems with this please drop me a PM as this is known to be somewhat iffy with the latest vBulletin software. It seems to work fine but I wait to see when some of you have used it.

Cheers
                  Last edited by lucky; 12 May 2004, 14:58.

Comment

I've removed the full integration of the Gallery software as it caused a few problems. If I can find a fix for them then I will re-introduce it however at the moment you will need to go back to logging in separately.

You can now see you private message statistics and go to your PMs on the website when logged in.

Cheers
                    Andy

Comment

Andy

Its all getting a bit 'techy' for me . As long as I can view the piccys and post rubbish on here I am happy .

Rick
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                      X