Tyre Size Help??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Size Help??????

Im looking for two new front tyres. All four coners since i got the Surf have 31.10.50.15r but the spare is a 265/70/15.
    It seems that the 10.50 are generally more expensive than the 265 and harder to get hold of. Ok, ill put 2 times 265 on the front and leave the back two.
    Now im told it can bugger the Diff up "wind up the diff" if i do this. Any help or comments greatly appreciated.
    nigel129
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

265/70/15 = 29.6x10.4/15

265/75/15 = 30.6x10.4/15

31" tyres aren't always true to size and metric are probably the same. Some 31s are actually only about 29.5".

Nev

Comment

You are only likely to cause diff wind up if you have different sized tyres on the same axle. It will not cause a problem if you have different sizes front to back, even if you are using 4wd off road, as the softer surface should allow the front wheels to "slip" anyway.
      Mike G

Comment

I agree (sorry!)

As long as they are approximately similar rolling circumference front axle to back axle, they'll be fine.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

What I’d do is buy 4 new 31” tyres and keep one of the existing 31” as a spare.

I bought a set of General Graber AT2 @ £70 each (fitted & balanced) so a set of 4 would only cost you £280
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
          X