Yet more Gov't double standards.. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more Gov't double standards.. :(

As usual 'them' get away with it, 'Us' do the time as an example to others..

Not condoning what happened by the way, just the sentencing.. He should be doing the same as she..

Its always the same way mate, like you say though, they should'nt have been texting in the first place.

The justice system has always been a joke in this country.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

If you bothered to read the stories, you'd see that Lord Ahmed was texting before the crash but had stopped two minutes before it actually happened, whilst this woman was on the phone at the time of the crash.

She caused death by dangerous driving, he was only convicted of dangerous driving and the death was unrelated. If anything, his sentence was a bit harsh.

Comment

Wishbone, Si Tate, consider your wrists comprehensively slapped!

Comment

Sorry. I've got a cold and have slipped into MattF mode. It's a ginger thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Sorry. I've got a cold and have slipped into MattF mode. It's a ginger thing.

Well i have broken my big toe joint, but im still reasonably happy (and ginger)....and that labour peers sentence was a bit harsh,the guy he hit was in the outside lane and pi55ed.........but what was he doing in the outside lane at 60 mph.....we tend to shoot people down here that do that !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

""Shortly after making a call, her car hit Ms McBryde's parked Peugeot 106, then spun into oncoming traffic, hitting two more vehicles. ""

I took that as meaning she was not on the phone when she crashed, my mistake. Sorry Sancho.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                ""Shortly after making a call, her car hit Ms McBryde's parked Peugeot 106, then spun into oncoming traffic, hitting two more vehicles. ""

I took that as meaning she was not on the phone when she crashed, my mistake. Sorry Sancho.

Rob.
                No apology required. See post #5. I am going to crawl back into my corner now.

Lord Ahmed was certainly done for dangerous driving, whilst she was done for causing death by dangerous driving though.

Comment

No apology required. See post #5. I am going to crawl back into my corner now.
                  Oh dear we are feeling sorry for ourself............can i send some lemsip round.....manflu is of course more severe than childbirth
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    Oh dear we are feeling sorry for ourself............can i send some lemsip round.....manflu is of course more severe than childbirth
                    It's not really the cold, it's more the having a little tanty because someone didn't spot a tiny technical difference between two stories....

Comment

It's not really the cold, it's more the having a little tanty because someone didn't spot a tiny technical difference between two stories....
                      Ahhh...suddenly the mattf bit becomes clear..
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

and on X-mas day of all days! how sad. i doubt his family will every be able to enjoy xmas again. so sad

Comment

Working...
                        X