Break-in no.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break-in no.2

I've only had my truck for 6 months and yet again some little scrote has tried to mess with it! And in Sainsburys car park no less, in broad daylight!

Last time they smashed the window and whipped my radar detector off the dash. This time they did a nice job a knackering the lock AND (when they couldn't get passed that) they smashed the rear quarter window. Oh and guess what? The alarm went off so they legged it. Stupid *******s.

Replacing glass i can deal with, sure it's expensive but at least it looks good as new after. damaged bodywork is an arse. I did a fair job of refitting the door handle but theres still a small dent where they jammed the screwdriver under it. When are they gonna learn?! Did they think it was a ****ing Ford or summit???

Bunch of savages in this town.

dont leave things on display... radar detectors, mobile phones etc all have instant resale value... they just need to walk past, see it and in 5 seconds you have a seat full of glass and they are on the run

shish

Originally posted by Stevo7
    I've only had my truck for 6 months and yet again some little scrote has tried to mess with it! And in Sainsburys car park no less, in broad daylight!

Last time they smashed the window and whipped my radar detector off the dash. This time they did a nice job a knackering the lock AND (when they couldn't get passed that) they smashed the rear quarter window. Oh and guess what? The alarm went off so they legged it. Stupid *******s.

Replacing glass i can deal with, sure it's expensive but at least it looks good as new after. damaged bodywork is an arse. I did a fair job of refitting the door handle but theres still a small dent where they jammed the screwdriver under it. When are they gonna learn?! Did they think it was a ****ing Ford or summit???

Bunch of savages in this town.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4TD[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Sorry to here about your dilemma mate, some people will do anything to get their hands on a Surf. You should have a word with Slydog, he's got the best deterrant, Dobermanns. Seriously tho, I bet the police werent interested or even suggested getting someone to take prints off your motor, If you make a claim for it you lose out twice as you'll get your Ins loaded and still have to pay for the damage. Makes you wonder if honesty IS the best policy these days??

Comment

Since being broken into despite having a toad cat 1 alarm/immoboliser, I have started using on of those dislocks just for the visual deterent value.

Horse-stable-bolted and all that, but I never leave valuables on show.

Comment

For the first time ever i left the front on the stereo, doh!

I can't believe they tried the lock when right above it there's a sticker that reads 'Cobra Car Security'. I'm glad the alarm scared them off though as i had over a grands worth of kites and boards under the rear cover.

But hey, i thought a busy supermarket car park at 2 in the afternoon would be pretty safe. I didn't even bother phoning the rossers as i know they won't step out from behind their nice comfy desk. If my kit or stereo had been taken i would have tho.

Ordered the new glass today, £38+vat. The lock seems ok now i've popped it back in. But still has the screwdriver scars.

I'd do anything to catch them doing it. It would be worth them doing it just so i could catch 'em.

I wanna be reincarnated as judge dread.

Comment

buy a mains inverter connect it to your battery use a key switch to connect and unconnect the negative side of the battery when battery ground is off the body make sure the mains inverter is on and connect the live side to the body actually do it the other way round then you wont get a shock lol walk away and now you have a vehicle that when touched gives a 240 shock depending on what shoes the skag head is wearing lol actually i think im on to something here lol ...........maybe not lol get the south affrican anti jacker system (flame thower under the sills lol) sorry to hear about you unfortunate encounters but i can say shock em burn em and drive over them
            ITS GOOD BUT ITS NOT RIGHT ?

Comment

If i could do that i would mate.

Comment

Working...
              X