Steering Recall - Why Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Okay, took the number from the plate on the bulkhead and this one did have KZN130 in it. I rang Toyota UK again and passed on the correct info, which they said sounded more like the real thing! So hopefully it won't be too long before I hear about the recall, 5 to 6 weeks maybe.

The thing is the number on the log book bears no resemblance to the one I took from the plate. Should I inform the DVLA and if I do is it likely there will be a load of hassle?
    There's a phone number on ya V5c Logbook,might be worth phoning em, I did n I was told "to make circles in black pen around the incorrect information & insert the right information in the appropriate place n sign the declaration at the bottom of the page" n send it back, so that's what I done & returned it to DVLA pronto ...
    Oh n don't forget to take a photocopy of ya old Logbook
    Good Luck Jim

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
      There's a phone number on ya V5c Logbook,might be worth phoning em, I did n I was told "to make circles in black pen around the incorrect information & insert the right information in the appropriate place n sign the declaration at the bottom of the page" n send it back, so that's what I done & returned it to DVLA pronto ...
      Oh n don't forget to take a photocopy of ya old Logbook
      Good Luck Jim

There's always a Payback .... It'll always take longer than five minutes !!!!
      Excellent advice mate. Cheers!
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Okay, took the number from the plate on the bulkhead and this one did have KZN130 in it. I rang Toyota UK again and passed on the correct info, which they said sounded more like the real thing! So hopefully it won't be too long before I hear about the recall, 5 to 6 weeks maybe.

The thing is the number on the log book bears no resemblance to the one I took from the plate. Should I inform the DVLA and if I do is it likely there will be a load of hassle?
        Is the one on the log book 17 characters long, starting with J?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          Is the one on the log book 17 characters long, starting with J?
          No mate, it's the one I listed in my first post, K2130-******9. That's only 13 characters if you include the -. Nothing like the one on the plate from the bulkhead
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

No mate, it's the one I listed in my first post, K2130-******9. That's only 13 characters if you include the -. Nothing like the one on the plate from the bulkhead
            how weird....

Comment

Working...
            X