• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves warning - Plymouth area

http://z10.invisionfree.com/4x4pals/...owtopic=365&hl=
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Can't believe he sat there and watched him I could'nt have resisted flying out the door tooled up would'nt bother calling the police.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I think I would have asked him to go away. I,d have used the but end of a snooker cue to make sure he understood
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

well after getting back from a huge night on the #### i thought i was seeing things,
        the little man decided to try and force the top of my door window down,
        i told him through the window to f**k offf which he did,
        then he came back after about 30 minutes,
        i could not believe it,
        so i knocked on the window brandishing my shotgun,
        he ran away real quick,
        then he came back again,
        never,
        by now i was so ####ed i would have probrably shot my car so i called the police,
        they said we are very busy at the moment will be there a.s.a.p.
        i said its ok i have a shotgun and ill go and shoot him,
        within minutes the whole area was swarming with police,
        yippee they got him,
        the officer asked me why did i say i would shoot him ?
        i asked him why did you say there were no cars in the area and that you would attent a.s.a.p.
        he smiled and said fair one,
        so happy days all round the little basta*d will now get a criminal record for attenpted tda and going tooled up,

Comment

We now have have a thread, almost 12 hours old now, about theft without the usual "Damned Pikeys" diatribe, must be a record?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            We now have have a thread, almost 12 hours old now, about theft without the usual "Damned Pikeys" diatribe, must be a record?
            Thats because they are not damned pikeys....they happen to be thieving pikey gits
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf View Post
              well after getting back from a huge night on the #### i thought i was seeing things,
              the little man decided to try and force the top of my door window down,
              i told him through the window to f**k offf which he did,
              then he came back after about 30 minutes,
              i could not believe it,
              so i knocked on the window brandishing my shotgun,
              he ran away real quick,
              then he came back again,
              never,
              by now i was so ####ed i would have probrably shot my car so i called the police,
              they said we are very busy at the moment will be there a.s.a.p.
              i said its ok i have a shotgun and ill go and shoot him,
              within minutes the whole area was swarming with police,
              yippee they got him,
              i asked him why did you say there were no cars in the area and that you would attent a.s.a.p.
              so happy days all round the little basta*d will now get a criminal record for attenpted tda and going tooled up,
              this post has just made my evening!! lol nice one mate!
              my story about the other day is pretty dull compared to that so ill give the SHORT version
              3 days ago.....
              brother shouting in street....
              outside my flat.....
              "oi u cuntz"........
              i rush out.......
              "two guys just tried breaking into ur surf!!".........
              i drove after them......
              caught them......
              turned out they were only kids.......
              let my bro put the fear of death in them.....
              and let them off without a beating.....
              ONLY coz i didnt see it with my own eyes and my bro was drunk and is an idiot. lol
              4th time in 2 months this has happened tho! my truck has been found un-locked in the mornings with the doors left a-jar.
              no alarm has gone off????!!! WTF!
              im thinking they have a device that interfears with the central locking??
              might get CCTV outside my flat with the time and date stamp so i can get a conviction.........or so i say see for myself who it is so they wont escape a kicking! ive seen the 2 sh1t bags around town b4 so ill see them again...just hope i have proof next time!

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf View Post

<<<<Snippety Snip>>>>

That was mildly amusing the first time I heard it 30 odd years ago!

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                might get CCTV outside my flat with the time and date stamp so i can get a conviction.........or so i say see for myself who it is so they wont escape a kicking! ive seen the 2 sh1t bags around town b4 so ill see them again...just hope i have proof next time!
                Most likely outcome is that you'll be done, it's illegal to set up continuous surveilance to record folk. It's also inadmissible in court. So you're wasting your time on at least 2 counts.

You also cannot knowingly photograph minors, at any time, without the express written permission of their parent or guardian, so that's out too.

The reason I know the above to be true is that I've been cautioned for both (when my trailer kept being stolen/moved/vandalised). I was eventually forced to get rid of the trailer as it was often causing an obstruction when the yoofs had moved it.

I was also cautioned (more than once) for having an "Unlit trailer on the public highway during the hours of darkness" after they burst the locks off the hitch and removed it from my car at night, it was lit using LEDs when connected to the car.

Another caution (last year) was when I had a verbal go at a gang of about 15 of them for running through the gardens, one of them complained and I got arrested.

You'll not beat them, they get taught the 'system' in school these days; the more you complain, the more they'll do it.

I saw them in action with a neighbour over the road; they had lookouts, decoys and escape routes, they thought of everything. The folk eventually had to move out. None of the offenders (even though the Police knew who they were) were ever prosecuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Most likely outcome is that you'll be done, it's illegal to set up continuous surveilance to record folk. It's also inadmissible in court. So you're wasting your time on at least 2 counts.
                  Not entirely true. You can have a contiuously recording surveilance system (otherwise the police that used my system for a recent veiwing would have arressted me). It can also be used in court if the evidence is correctly collected.

You do have to be careful with your system as it is very easy to enter the area where you have to be SIA licenced to use your system.
                  Rule of thumb is that you must not film any areas which are not your property, unless you have permission from the landowner. Technicly you also must have signage giving a contact number of the person responsible for the recording.
                  Of course this is English law, it may differ in other areas.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                    Not entirely true. You can have a contiuously recording surveilance system (otherwise the police that used my system for a recent veiwing would have arressted me). It can also be used in court if the evidence is correctly collected.

You do have to be careful with your system as it is very easy to enter the area where you have to be SIA licenced to use your system.
                    Rule of thumb is that you must not film any areas which are not your property, unless you have permission from the landowner. Technicly you also must have signage giving a contact number of the person responsible for the recording.
                    Of course this is English law, it may differ in other areas.
                    No, I think it's the same here. I didn't explain that I meant surveiling a roadway. It's OK to have cameras on your own drive or pointing at your own doorways for instance, so long as they do not record anything outwith your property (for example, someone visiting next door). The signage etc. is also UK wide, unless it is a properly authorised covert operation.

Comment

i have had the police around now on several accassions to ask to view my camera footage in relation to several other incidents in my street/area,
                      they seem very happy to use the recorded evidence in court before,
                      without any problems,
                      when the local cctv company installed it all they did have to put a sign up on the rear wall under the camera so to inform people that they were being watched videod ect,

I PARK MY CAR IN FRONT OF IT,

and its all legal,
                      proper installed cameras with signs ect,
                      so i think ill be ok,

Comment

hmmm.
                        when i spoke to the police i said i was thinking about putting some cctv so they can prosecute next time. they said that if i was to do that then i would have to have cctv with the "time and date stamp" on it to be used as evidence in a court of law.
                        they never said i couldnt do it? only that it must have the time/date stamp with it.
                        this is my surf directly outside my living room window. u cant see but just to the right (an inwards) is my driveway. i should easily be able to set a camera up looking over my drive and getting my surf on the road in the frame aswell.
                        and yes your probably right that i might need a sign up but im sure i can put that somewhere hard to see but still in sight (wink wink)
                        even if its not legal i dont care. aslong as i get to see the peoples faces ill be happy. everyone knows everyone in Tadworth and ill be able to find out who they are and get my own justice!

Comment

Working...
                        X