Hi Newbie Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Newbie Please Help

Hi am new to this forum. Thinking of buying a Surf is there anything scary to look out for.
    I am new to surfs but not new to 4x4s or Off Roading.
    Also looking for information and help in buying a 2" body lift spring spacers and shocks.
    Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

welcome to the nuthouse,

Make yourself at home and feel free to join in the banter.

I will warn you in advance, we have a tatty, moth eaten, old windbag of a yeti here

Any particular preference for the surf year/model wise ?

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

hi bill welcome to the surf emporium of pleasure.i see youve met the squirrel.let me know what your after lift kit wise they are £98 delivered.this is for a 2" body lift not suspension lift.
      Last edited by surfenstein; 22 February 2009, 20:44.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hi Bill.The scariest thing to look out for is the tree huggers.
        Just look for everything you would on any other 4x4.Go for the 3.0l as its got better towing/pulling power and mpg is about the same as the 2.4's.
        Just remember you can't use 4wd on tarmac in the 2nd gens upto 1996 else you'll get trans wind up.
        Speak to surfenstein for body lifts and spring spacers and any other bits and pieces you want.
        www.roughtrax4x4.com and www.milneroffroad.com are the 2 main suppliers of parts that most of us use
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

g,day bill
          go get a 3.0 litre,all 2.4 owners need large genitalia to own one
          do make use of the search facility on here..its rather splendid,and as trev pointed out when biohazzard posts you a link for things to look out for,just remember...he guffed near me once and i sufered a personality change

and im not sure that beware the yeti/squirrell is apt anymore...i would be more afraid of the raving homo's
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi Bill, and welcome to the only forum you'll ever need - Surf help, IT help, beer, photography, farts and Fiats - we've got it all covered!

Don't listen to Surfenvatchfinklestein, he thinks pink and black are the same colour!!

Like Stormpantsspongeforce said - just check the basics really and look out for the anti 4x4 mob!

Haven't been to Leeds in ages, how is the old place bearing up?
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
              Stormpantsspongeforce
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                g,day bill
                go get a 3.0 litre,all 2.4 owners need large genitalia to own one
                do make use of the search facility on here..its rather splendid,and as trev pointed out when biohazzard posts you a link for things to look out for,just remember...he guffed near me once and i sufered a personality change

and im not sure that beware the yeti/squirrell is apt anymore...i would be more afraid of the raving homo's
                LMFAO,just read your sig gra.how apt is that.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  LMFAO,just read your sig gra.how apt is that.

well i fancied a change mate
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse ....beware the squirrel
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Been to look at a 3.0l Gen 2 looked good but a lot of oil/grease from front drive shaft inner cv area. CV boot? Oil Seal?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        well i fancied a change mate
                        He's too young for you Gwa.....you'll break him! poor Wodders....

And Mark - I didn't know you had a chopper - I love them bikes!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                          Hi Bill, and welcome to the only forum you'll ever need - Surf help, IT help, beer, photography, farts and Fiats - we've got it all covered!

Don't listen to Surfenvatchfinklestein, he thinks pink and black are the same colour!!

Like Stormpantsspongeforce said - just check the basics really and look out for the anti 4x4 mob!

Haven't been to Leeds in ages, how is the old place bearing up?
                          i see the altseimers has kicked in again then mr mud.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by billious View Post
                            Been to look at a 3.0l Gen 2 looked good but a lot of oil/grease from front drive shaft inner cv area. CV boot? Oil Seal?
                            Could be the CV mate - have a look to see if there is a split - they do tend to chuck out their muck a bit, but could have got to the bearings too but you'll not know that unless you have the wheel off.....

Keep looking, there's plenty about!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                              i see the altseimers has kicked in again then mr mud.
                              Who?

Comment

Working...
                              X