whats the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference

ive bought a dash pod,inclionmeter,ect,the guy said its of a (EFI Loom not a MFI) any one.Not sure what he means.
    NEVER GIVE UP SHES WORTH IT*

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection???????
    MFI - u know that place with the crap flat pack furniture...

cant help
    someone will be along soon no doubt, to completely confuse you,then there'll be a 50 post discussion on it.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Why when he told me i thought the same thing.But cheers anyway.

Comment

I imagine what he's saying is that it came off one with an electronic fuel pump, not a mechanical fuel pump. I suppose the wiring loom would be a bit different for the two, but can't think the incinometer lights would be any different. Anyway, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't light up, and you almost certainly have the electronic pump.

Comment

I take it its not the thing which tells you how high above sea level you are !!!
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
            I take it its not the thing which tells you how high above sea level you are !!!
            That's an altimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
              That would be the captain or pilot.

EFI - electronic fuel injection -usually comon rail fuel injection where all injectors are fed from a common rail and each injector is electronically opened and controlled by the ECU (electronic control unit) usually takes data from sensors around the engine - lambda sensors - o2 sensors - vacumm etc etc to sense what the engine is doing and governs the fuel input accordingly.

MFI - mechanical fuel injection - no wires - just a big mechanical whirry thing that spews out fuel in accordance with engine revs, and excess fuel is pumped back to tank

all the above maybe wrong and is only my understanding of how these things work??
              Last edited by jaky cakes; 21 February 2009, 17:04.
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

As far as I remember when I replaced mine and you got a one from a Surf theres only one wire and thats to illuminate it.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                  As far as I remember when I replaced mine and you got a one from a Surf theres only one wire and thats to illuminate it.
                  Ive aqiuired it from a pajero (swb).

Comment

Working...
                  X