mk 2 landcruiser #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk 2 landcruiser #2

so am i right in thinking that none of you guys has any knowledge on landcruisers i find that hard to believe i have until tomorrow to become an expert or my m8 might buy a dog .so its up to you lot to educate me. please lots of love steve

for £500 just give it a good look over, if it looks ok, take it, stick it through an mot for the £25 a lot of garages are charging at the moment and see what it fails on. If it ain't too much get the work done, if it's shed loads stick it back on ebay or break it if you got the room. If it passes you're on a winner.

Or ask the seller to stick it through an MOT test so you've at least got the fail/advisory sheets to see how much work it wants. It does him a favour too coz at the moment a car with known faults is probably worth more than the same car with no tax/ticket/history at all anyway.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Steve.

If it is a UK Landcruiser 2 it had the 2LT engine - the import had the 2LTE.

Yes same problems as the Surf, same inconsistency as to whether you will have problems or not. That being said for £500 it's reasonably cheap, run it till the head goes, replace it and you still have a vehicle worth what it stands you.

Compared to a 2.4 Surf, the LC2 is a bit slower (heavier and less aerodynamic) but the chassis, running gear etc is pretty unbreakable. Again that's as long as the old tin worm hasn't set in. You see some of that age with no rust at all and some that look like they have lived in a field for 10 years, however it's a separate chassis, most can be repaired, front end easier than the back end but nothin is impossible.

I presume it's a SWB one. Not sure but I think the UK never had the Long Wheelbase which was only available on the import.

Comment

For £500 quid, it would have to be an absolute shed to not risk taking it, in my humble opinion.

Comment

[QUOTE=lucky;531799]

Compared to a 2.4 Surf, the LC2 is a bit slower less aerodynamic) QUOTE]

This bit made me chuckle, is that like comparing a brick, to a brick with the corners chipped off?

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;531806]
            Originally posted by lucky View Post

Compared to a 2.4 Surf, the LC2 is a bit slower less aerodynamic) QUOTE]

This bit made me chuckle, is that like comparing a brick, to a brick with the corners chipped off?
            Not often a reply makes me laugh. Has to be one of the posts of the year
            Brian

Comment

thanks a lot everyone the landcruiser looks great for a g reg has 90.000 on the clock swb 3 owners my m8 bought it the guy is going to take it for mot but said if it fails on anything serious my m8 doesn't have to buy it .cant be fairer than that.must admit he would much prefer a surf but at least its a toyota .if we called his truck a swb surf could he join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                thanks a lot everyone the landcruiser looks great for a g reg has 90.000 on the clock swb 3 owners my m8 bought it the guy is going to take it for mot but said if it fails on anything serious my m8 doesn't have to buy it .cant be fairer than that.must admit he would much prefer a surf but at least its a toyota .if we called his truck a swb surf could he join this forum.
                I vote yes !!!

(and if it's a 2.4 he may NEED to join)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

yes graham its a 2.4

Comment

If you note Lucky's sig, you'll also see that he runs a forum specifically for LC's too.

Comment

Working...
                    X