**RAVE** Car tax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **RAVE** Car tax!

Just got my renewal through the post... and it has stayed the same (£185 for 12 months).

I had my boxing gloves on ready for a huge fight after reading so many posts on here about people being ripped off with the car tax!!

I would love to know how they work it out so that so many people pay different amounts for the same type of car??? (*idiots*)
    "Good at cracking bones"

The good thing about owning an older 4x4 is that the VED is unlikely to change much. Also no worries about catalytic converters and complex electronics to go wrong. I am going to keep my Surf running as long as possible.

p.s. I also run a 35 quid VED / 65mpg diesel Corsa for the more mundane journeys!!!

Comment

I must admit I had my disc through the post today and the money was taken out of my account yesterday ! No one believes me when I say I only paid £185 ! good feeling though innit ?
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

How do I sign up for 185 quid tax??I am spillin 400 notes a year!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
          How do I sign up for 185 quid tax??I am spillin 400 notes a year!!!!!
          I would LOVE to know how they work it out! I don't think even they know how they do it. Maybe they play "eenie meenie minie mo"????
          "Good at cracking bones"

Comment

Its to do with whether the car was imported before 2006
            If so then its £185, but if its after 2006 and the car is less than 10 years old at the time of import then its subject to an SVA test and CO2 based tax, hence the £400
            So if you imported a 1997 3rd gen today you would pay £185, but if its a 1999model then you would pay £400
            Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Mine is a 1999 on a V (private plate S at moment though)
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                Mine is a 1999 on a V (private plate S at moment though)
                So I guess it was imported before 2006?
                Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Working...
                X