MPG query-'96 3.0TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG query-'96 3.0TD

any ideas what MPG I should be getting roond the doors and on a motorway run.I dont think the wifes petrol focus is any worse.

Just read some threads and 23-30 seems the norm. The focus only does 25 round the doors
    Last edited by kevinturner100; 19 February 2009, 19:04. Reason: didnt read forums

Roon the doors, stop, start, pop in to Tescos, up the dump, roon B&Q, etc etc. gently driven, as I do. low to mid 20s 22-26. Long run sticking to the limits, no quick getaways ( more or less) 30-32.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

I think I am getting around 24mpg average......my diesel Mundaneo estate was giving around 29mpg so I am happy.

In fact I have done 500kms on the fuel in the tank at the moment.....I forgot to fill up on the way home.......am hoping it will last for another 20 kms to work

Comment

30????

Hang on... did I laugh out loud yet?

Yeah, thats better
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          30????

Hang on... did I laugh out loud yet?

Yeah, thats better
          Andy as I would have last week. Honest mate my 2nd gen on 33s muds did 18to 20mpg. I have just driven 300+ in this turd gen on road 31s and have returned 30mpg.
          I also got close to 20mpg dragging a twin axel trailer with the zuki on it last Sunday {it's a manual which helps, no jumping out of lock up }
          Last edited by yoshie; 20 February 2009, 08:05.
          Brian

Comment

Low 20's for me most of the time. Mid to high 20's on a motorway run.

As far as I know, thats just the way it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
              I think I am getting around 24mpg average......my diesel Mundaneo estate was giving around 29mpg so I am happy.

In fact I have done 500kms on the fuel in the tank at the moment.....I forgot to fill up on the way home.......am hoping it will last for another 20 kms to work

LOL my 405 turbo diesel est does 50mpg 330 miles a week, roads, duel carriageway and motorways
              i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
                Low 20's for me most of the time. Mid to high 20's on a motorway run.

As far as I know, thats just the way it is!
                Yep, sounds about the same as mine.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

filled her up to the brim at the door yesterday, drove into Newcastle, a bit of milling round the doors then gave it a 3 mile thrash along the A69 chasing a convoy of 7 Lotus Elise's....then they left me.... Done 26kms when I got home and filled it back up again.Used 3.5 litres of fuel== 20mpg round the doors.

slightly low expectations i guess...

Will be taking her down to Rutland fishing next month so will be seeing what it does then
                  Last edited by kevinturner100; 22 February 2009, 08:33.

Comment

Working...
                  X