rear window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window problem

Hi all, I have a prob with the rear window, it has come out of the 'clamp' that is attached to the motor mechanism, when the key is turned to open the window I can hear and feel the mechanism working but the window stays up(held by the seals), I'm not sure how the window fits into the clamp/channel or how to gain access when I can't open the window, I also think the window is missing the clamp as the window will work its way down slightly over time and not go up when the key is turned,again I can hear the mechanism going up, any help would be greatly welcome :o)

The motor gear has probably debonded or the teeth have totally stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by maclennan View Post
      Hi all, I have a prob with the rear window, it has come out of the 'clamp' that is attached to the motor mechanism, when the key is turned to open the window I can hear and feel the mechanism working but the window stays up(held by the seals), I'm not sure how the window fits into the clamp/channel or how to gain access when I can't open the window, I also think the window is missing the clamp as the window will work its way down slightly over time and not go up when the key is turned,again I can hear the mechanism going up, any help would be greatly welcome :o)
      This link may help.
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ighlight=fixed
      Last edited by Taliesins; 17 February 2009, 12:52.
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

thanks

Taliesins, thanks for the link just what I needed :o)

Comment

Working...
        X