Watchdog - Minis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchdog - Minis

Today's big story - the power steering pump on minis can fail, making it hard to steer. Big deal. It whines like an 8 year old that wants a puppy even when it works. I hate watchdog, what a load of scaremongering nonsense.

Im sick to the back teeth of bl**dy watchdog an all other programs like that..

Problem is it just develops the mentality of you have to be an a$$hole to anyone to get anything out of them!

Comment

anything like the clio that's bonnet opens if you don't close it properly, or the vauxhall handbrake that doesn't hold the brakes on if you don't pull it hard enough??
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I think most of the complaints came from drivers who were texting at the same time the steering pump failed.

Comment

They had this stupid film of the guy driving round some cones with the pump working at 30, then at 20 with the pump off, then at 30 with the pump off. Easy, hard and impossible respectively. So, if your power steering pump fails, you won't be able to drive around cones anymore. Personally, I would slow down and pull over, not try to drive around cones.

Comment

i've had power steering hydraulic hoses burst on trucks before... i'd say they were a tad harder than a mini to steer, but aprt from ather cars being covered in high pressure fluid, there wasn't really a problem!!

isn't power steering variable, so the faster you go, the less it needs to assist??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Pfft. power steering used to be on top of the range cars only, the last four cars I've owned have had it but the previous 30 odd didnt, you just develop some flippin muscles, bunch of pussies..

----

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspode View Post
                Pfft. power steering used to be on top of the range cars only, the last four cars I've owned have had it but the previous 30 odd didnt, you just develop some flippin muscles, bunch of pussies..

----
                .....and stop texting and holding a packet of crisps between your knees while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  .....and stop texting and holding a packet of crisps between your knees while driving.

I agree about the texting, but c'mon, you got to have crisps!!

----

Comment

Not between the knees.

They should be by the crotch.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      Not between the knees.

Part of the driving test should be eating a pie while parking.

----

Comment

----
                        Wotsits are easier.

Comment

Not between the knees.

Stop that!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Stop that!

Comment

Not between the knees.

French fries ............or a frankfurter
                              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                              X